Author Topic: my REVOLT  (Read 14776 times)

mick

my REVOLT
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: my REVOLT
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 06:29:32 PM »
Nice, But I need to ask! How many times you roll it the first day out?

mick

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
Hey Doug, long time ! heres the thing mate ! NEVER !!! I rolled an xl model at the Redline factory in Minesota on their motorcross test track, it was totally my fault as I backed off when hard in a corner and over it went. I admit there is definately a trick to driving them which is easily learned, the trick being when in doubt 'PIN IT' = full throttle. As soon as you feed the throttle it settles the buggy and around the corner it goes. I really suggest you have a ride if ever offered the opportunity. Obviously with the advantage of long suspension travel and great ground clearance in a small buggy the sacrifice is always going to be a higher centre of gravity but for the thrill of big air and better access to more bush tracks I'm happy to make that sacrifice, these machines go almost anywhere. After having done over 100 mile in my new Revolt and having a few 'nearly' roll overs I've learnt that while at full throttle it wont roll. Same when jumping on motorcross tracks, if you chicken out and back off on the face of the jump it causes the machine to want to nose dive, 'PIN IT' and it floats through the air nicely and lands on all 4 wheels.
Anyways I will keep you posted on rides and upgrades as we progress through 2010
                                                         Keep Smilin' :)
                                                         Mick

SPEC

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:20:08 AM »
Next time your in MN you should stop and visit Mick ;D

mick

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 05:03:18 AM »
Looking at coming back mid next year. where in MN are you Spec ?

SPEC

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 05:18:31 AM »
Rush city
I'm exactly 1/2 way up the the state south/north and right on the Wisconsin border... well 3 miles west of it

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 08:35:37 AM »
Ill make a drive over as well. Its a 5 hr drive to the border for me but Id love to meet a member from your group!

Only reason I asked about rolling is this... When I was at LS a guy was demoing them and I was offered a drive. Enemy took it out and he is a good driver, He is always on the pin. He rolled it in the first 2 min. and he alsa expierenced that theharness boltspopped out when he rolled it. Didnt seem safe to me and I wasot about to be responsible for it. The cost of the machine also did not turn me on. I think maybe the guy didnt maintain it well. I heard of others rolling it that same day so they packed up and left due to embarrasment.

Its great to see someone owning a couple that can handle them. Keep up the good work and keep posting the pics. Video would be cool too  8)

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
There was a bunch of DTSers there that day.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »
As soon as DS AND Enemy are on I was sure they would pipe up!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 08:47:36 AM »
I'm not here to knock or praise the revolts. Let's get that out of the way right now. 8) I personally like the look of the revolts BUT I also think that they would be better off sitting a few inches lower to maximize the roll over resistance while improving the ability of the suspension to follow the terrain and keep the tires in contact with the ground more . Cars set up at full droop all the time tend to just skip over the low spots instead of following the terrain.   There was no doubt that the revolts that were at LS had roll over tendencies. I DO LIKE the long rear "ladder bar" links with the pivots far forward though. Many big time cars/trucks use the same idea I assume to minimize WB change and help maintain decent rear geometry..
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

mick

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 12:55:29 PM »
Guys I wish I could offer you the opportunity to drive 1 for a day, they do take a little while to learn to drive fast and feel safe. I feel safer in the revolt than I did in my piranha as its cockpit is wider and has higher roll bars as well as the standard 5 point harness and wrist restraints, If the harness came undone it wasnt secured or maintained properly. Personally I prefer to have mine sitting high for maximum ground clearance but theres no reason the fox shocks cant be tuned for a lower ride height. Price- compare them to what else is out there, I feel they are on the money, half the price of a tornado, barracuda or rage- much more expensive than a chinese buggy - you get what you pay for !!!

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »
Doug's planning a silver Lake gathering in the spring and i'm betting there will be another LS Hug also.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 01:17:18 PM »
Aw,crap!. I forgot you are in Oz.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 02:42:12 PM »
Aw,crap!. I forgot you are in Oz.

They say the memory is the second thing to go ;D

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 02:49:56 PM »
Next time I get the oppertunity I will drive one.  feel the 2-smoke will rattly my nutz. I may be wrong though. I don meant to sound like Im knocing them either. Im with faber on his comments. I do prefer the Cuda and the cockpit is huge compared to a Piranha. I hope you one day have the oppertunity to jump a high powered Cuda. As far as cost, I am currently buildng a Dheimified Cuda for a guy where all he has to do is bolt in a Busa, Powdercoat it, and plumb / wire it for much under he cost of a revolt. He is getting all the bells and whistles as well. I do see your point though.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal