Author Topic: Our trip to L.S.  (Read 3478 times)

SandDragon

Our trip to L.S.
« on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
Had a lot of fun even with the damage. Burnt out the clutch the first two hours, than the fuel pump went out, than a bad jump took out the front wheel, good thing it happend Saturday just before dark. So me and the 4 wheeler spent some time together till we left Sunday. Fast enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:53:00 PM by SandDragon »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Our trip to L.S.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:21 AM »
Nice,very nice vid! Loved it. 8) I gotta admit there are a lot of tail dragger lovers and my wife is one of them . I'm not one tho. :(  I love watching them however!  ;D ;D Looks like you had a great time. Kind of  a kick in the butt on the last landing ?  ???  Why'd you decide to mount new tires in the middle of the dunes ? Looks like a fine way to break a bead. ;) ;) You just change the one side?  rofl
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 06:47:35 AM »
Had a lot of fun even with the damage. Burnt out the clutch the first two hours, than the fuel pump went out, than a bad jump took out the front wheel, good thing it happend Saturday just before dark. So me and the 4 wheeler spent some time together till we left Sunday. Fast enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again.

Where's the vid of the law dart?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Buggybaz

• Fabricator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »
Great vid,and matching great sounds....  music as it should be.  ;)

SandDragon

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:24:50 AM »
I'll post the lawn dart tonight and the aftermath. I didn't want a tail trager but still not enough weight in the front but I'll add some weight to help it out till I can get a real trans and make it a mid engine. You know just like nascar I only needed right side tires. The picture was a little out of order the what happens when you land wrong.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 12:43:54 PM »
ya you guys had fun!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:21:53 PM »
Perpendicular landings are a bit hard on beads,huh?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »
I'll post the lawn dart tonight and the aftermath. I didn't want a tail trager but still not enough weight in the front but I'll add some weight to help it out till I can get a real trans and make it a mid engine. You know just like nascar I only needed right side tires. The picture was a little out of order the what happens when you land wrong.

Dragon

I don't think that the car being tail dragger had so much to do with the way you landed as the angle of attack that you made on that hill.  In looking at the video and watching you jump while I was running with you guys  All of you had the tendency  to hit the face of the dune at and angle rather then dead on straight.  That hill you busted the bead's of you mite have not done so if you had lifted off the throttle just a tad sooner.  Your car was trying to twist or roll off the top at the speed and angle you hit it.  Had you been just a scoch straighter I think that would not have happen.  IMHO.   

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
Great vid,and matching great sounds....  music as it should be.  ;)
damn right!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »
Looks like a great time!  Better a busted bead than trans.  Shane aka transman could have told you about going off a dune twisty. Other than tire rest of buggy work out ok? 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SandDragon

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »
Yep it all felt good it rides so smooth, it is hard to tell how fast your going, so i had a tenancy to hit the jumps faster than i was used to and maybe should have. I'm working on the lawn dart video should have it done in a little while.

SandDragon

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 06:50:14 PM »
Here is a friends Lawn Dart Vid nither him or his wife was hurt. Not sure why he went that fast and he had just went up that side so he knew what the dune looked like on that side. I'll just blame it on being his first trip ever to the dunes. He just had a new clutch put in the buggy and the guy didn't put the bottom two bolts in the motor and you can see where it broke the motor case and the bell housing of the trans. Just bad luck for him he just needs to learn to take it easy. Maybe I should take my own advice. Sorry about the video quality I'm not as good as my friend who made the first one.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:57:56 PM by SandDragon »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:49:00 AM »
 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl ;D ;D
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

trans man

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
Better a busted bead than trans. 
That's for sure! I liked your video too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:39:31 AM by trans man »

trans man

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »
Shane aka transman could have told you about going off a dune twisty.
Just a couple of times. Hold on to my beer and watch this.....;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal