Author Topic: We have carnage.. Bugs Drak..  (Read 15290 times)

Admin

Re: We have carnage.. Bugs Drak..
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »
For some shit talkers!! Ill have a better vid camera next time...

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »
It lives!!

Any carnage this time?  :)

From an engineering standpoint, I don't think those lady gussets were absolutely necessary at the front of the trailing arms.  ::)

But nice touch anyway.  ;D

Admin

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2009, 09:59:56 PM »
Them pics are a few weeks before breakdown, I am waiting for a couple parts from rick yet, it will be done besides the links by Sunday... Ya the ladys dont do much, just a "check that out piece" I probbaly could have gotten them a little closer to even, but ya cant see both sides at the same time anyways...

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2009, 10:09:31 PM »
If you needed some I could have sent you some so you didnt have to cut them. I have a box full of them  8)

Looking good BTW

Admin

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »
If you needed some I could have sent you some so you didnt have to cut them. I have a box full of them  8)

Looking good BTW

Ya, I added them to the cut list for free anyhow, I was not planning to use them..  ;D

Admin

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Cpl more..

Admin

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »
Now time for reassembly...

Last minute change to add a skid under the trans...

Admin

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2009, 06:30:37 PM »
Few more

LiveWire

« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2009, 08:44:17 AM »
Since you were just about rebuilding the whole back of the car, I would have modified the right side CV spacer such that the brake disk mounted outside the CV flange and the CV bolted right to the gear box flange. Then I would have moved the gear box to the right centering the CVs again. It would have gained you 1/2" of axle length per side which there should be enough spline to do.

Admin

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
Since you were just about rebuilding the whole back of the car, I would have modified the right side CV spacer such that the brake disk mounted outside the CV flange and the CV bolted right to the gear box flange. Then I would have moved the gear box to the right centering the CVs again. It would have gained you 1/2" of axle length per side which there should be enough spline to do.

Id have to relocate the engine to match...  would only gain me about 1/2 of length, the travel it has is plenty for what it is IMO... :)

Admin

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
When I tweeked the rear t arms I actually reduced the overall width of the car as well...  I have not measured the travel, but the shock is limiting the cvs have a lot of angle left in them......

LiveWire

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »
You would just increase the thickness of the spacer behind the clutch by 1/2" The width of the outrigger bearing is more than that so you probably would not have to do anything there.

Admin

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2009, 11:45:00 AM »
The outer bearing was like 5/8 i think, only would be held on with 1/8 engagement. Either way i am not Messing with that, it works fine as is, I haven't mangled any cv boots except the originals...

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »

artie on edge

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal