Author Topic: New CV Rear Design  (Read 5614 times)

Rick S.

Re: New CV Rear Design
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
It's basically a Piranha style frame, widened in the cockpit area, with a raked double a arm front and my rear design. From the front roll bar forward it's totally reworked. It does use the Edge bonnet so it still has the Piranha look. I'll post pics when I get the frame started. I'm designing it in 2D Autocad.   

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 04:47:11 AM »
Cool, That's what attracted me to Edge, seeing your and Dougs buggys, I saw them and thought wow they look nice I hope mine turns out as good! Ofcourse it didn't but I did get it going and took it fa a couplea drives which I did enjoy. But I had to re-do a fair bit of it cause I rushed into making the thing, then found I wasn't gonna fit so cut here and a cut there, added more to the length but not the height or width. So yeah I always wanted to do a Piranah similar to Dougs with the Cuda roll hoop longer ofcourse and nerf bars, and a few other things I reckon it'd be sweet... ;D Oh and your double A-arms and an up sweept nose..
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

artie on edge

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 04:46:15 AM »
Thanks, I'm getting ready to build a new frame with this rear unit.
I'm also using a new front design on this build.

Im looking forward to seeing more on this.. any updates or ideas of progress? Dont wanna use an enclosed rear do you? I know a guy who does killer housings......  ::)

artie on edge

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 04:52:31 AM »
oops shoulda read further huh? im waiting.... 8)

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 12:58:24 AM »
Just a rough figure I was given by a guy at work that knows their capabilities.
75 ton would fold a 1/4 x 18" piece 90 degree to a 1/4" inside radius.
I used a 100 ton at work but had inquired about purchasing a smaller press for my home shop.

A 20 ton homemade press with a homemade brake will bend 1/4"x14" to 120 degrees with less than an 1/8" inside radius.  I post more info and proof in my own thread tommarrow.  Just thought I'd mention it for those do it yourselfers.
This post has been edited due to content.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal