Author Topic: Upgrades to the 97 Powerstroke  (Read 11187 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Upgrades to the 97 Powerstroke
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2014, 08:57:47 AM »
It's not the fuel,it's the storage tanks. Same deal with gasoline.
either way that is not good for injectors, pumps etc etc
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2014, 09:39:12 AM »
No ,but that is the purpose of the factory filters..................................changed regularly. I'm much more concerned with water in the fuel so often that OEM's have to put water sensors and drains on filters. That is just BS with all the regs there are on fuel storage in this country. Ever wonder why the big push to alky blended gas? At least one factor has to be the ability to absorb water and move it through the supply pipeline instead of being just water at the bottom of your gas tank,stranding you on the side of the road. Remember the days of adding HEET(alcohol mostly) to your gas in winter?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:43:05 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
yes i do remember and they still sell it lol.   the secondary filter enemy and i bought has a clear bulb under it to catch the water with a drain valve so we can drain the water. how much get mixed and sent through ......hard to say and that is bad which is the reason we pour additives in our fuel to help with that and lube inj's.  you are right that is the reason for the fuel filter but after seeing the crap in the bottom of his new system and what was sitting in the bottom of his factory filter housing, i will add this to mine. inj's aren't cheap on these trucks so $100 and a little time is just added cheap ins imo.   i add rev x to my oil and fuel tank.  https://www.revxoil.com/REV-X_Applications_Pickup_Truck.aspx
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »
I understand but I also have also never had a fuel related issue that was not purely a local storage issue with water in the ground tanks.  I guess I'm just not that concerned .
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal