Author Topic: a friend of mine at glamis this thanksgiving  (Read 1861 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
a friend of mine at glamis this thanksgiving
« on: November 25, 2011, 10:44:50 AM »
he lost a shock mount but luckily not on a high speed run!  watch the left front shock mount in the video, amazing how long it lasted!   :o you can even here is snap off in the end. it was his last day as well so not that big a deal.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Turboscrat#p/a/u/0/CVois1BhWyw
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

trans man

Re: a friend of mine at glamis this thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 10:57:22 AM »
HOLY CRAP!!! :o :o :o

He was lucky that the top bar caught the shock. That would have been really ugly if he had been going BALL OUT! 8) 8) 8)

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:52:29 AM »
You can see it twisting back and forth when suspension moves up and down.  Still a better day than a good day at work.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »
You could see the top bracket twisting up and down at about 1.41 and before on the vid.  DS that shock mount should have been tied into the top beauty bar as well as the bottom.  But he was lucky that the top beauty bar cought it.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:07 AM »
He poses tyhe question under built or over driven?  Nothing looked to hard there.  Maybe some more bracing.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:43:14 AM »
oh he knows that now. lol   I have seen several rails using thin non gusseted tabs rip loose from the tube in the past. he has converted that rail from beam and trailing arm to 5 link and a-arm over the last year or two. he's running a thunder bird turbo 4 cyl and a megasand trans. heavier than his turbo air cooled and built type 1 previous. that was his first trip to glamis other wise he normall dunes ls utah or st anthony's idaho.    I am surprised it held on as long as it did!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:44:02 AM »
glenn did  you make it over to ls for a day run this weekend?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 11:13:14 AM »
glenn did  you make it over to ls for a day run this weekend?

That would be a no.

Got up Friday morning and the wind was out of the south at about 50 MPH with gust to 60 MPH.  Full on clouds that looked like it was going to piss rain at anyminute.  Stayed that way all day. Called the wood guy and he said that LS was the same way.  Said the sand was a total mess.  I decided to stay home and just go black Friday shopping.   Got a text from Tom said that the rain moved in late but the day realy turned out pretty good.  O-well can't call them right all the time. Really don't want to pull down on the day trailer in the rain.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal