Author Topic: OCTOBER SAND IN YOUR BEERFEST  (Read 21551 times)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
Re: OCTOBER SAND IN YOUR BEERFEST
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2009, 05:45:44 AM »
Always! Pickles are almost gone again  8)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2009, 09:20:38 AM »
Maybe if you'd share your Jerky and Pickles with her 8)
They are a great Bribery tool ;D
You ready for your next box?

My wife really liked one of the pickles I got with the DTS Flag.  I shared!  I have to say they were the most crisp pickles I have ever tasted.

The Jerky was excellent as well, but a bit on the Atomic side.  ;D

I am going to this October jam, if for no more than the catering!  I am certain not to be disappointed.

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2009, 11:54:20 AM »
DS and I are planning on the October 7 thru 11.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

SPEC

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2009, 05:54:30 PM »
Always! Pickles are almost gone again  8)
I'll get you hooked up for a shipment for monday

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2009, 09:18:30 PM »
The jerky works great under the welding helmet I have found!

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
DS and I are planning on the October 7 thru 11.

Maybe.....

I have a few obstacles to overcome. 

First - wowsers - long drive.........  Just at 1000 miles for me each way.  That would be two days of driving each way. 

If work is busy it would be more cost effective for me to pay somebody to drive my rig over and then me fly out....  But, that adds to the cost.  (I have been spending money like a drunken sailor of late, despite work not being 100% where it needs to be - so, cost is an issue...)  Maybe just bite the bullet and be done with it....  plan on a long drive with stops to handle the work stuff via lap top at the various "hot spot" truck stops.... 

Second, just started a project that needs to be done prior to getting back to the buggy.  Right now I am landscaping the backyard.  Finally figured out the vision, and well, depends on the costs, etc.  I spent this weekend planting 9 palm tress and about 20 climbing vines to soften the block walls, get some privacy from the neighbors....  That does not sound like much until you have dug dirt in Arizona. 

This is  a hard hard land.  Sometimes when I am driving across the desert, or digging holes, it strikes me just how difficult it must have been to settle the area.  Some tough folks.  Just to dig a hole is a major pain.  The pros use a jack hammer.  I use a pick axe.  Ouch - feels like hard labor. 

So, I need to get that project done before I get back to the broken buggy or blowed up Banshee.   Right now the only sand toy I have that runs is my 250r.  Not real inclined to drive that far to ride that bike around......

Now, the last one is a slight worry, but a worry none the less.  With the trip the first part of Oct, it would make it tough for me if I broke.  Why?  Well Halloween is the traditional opening of my sand box - a big weekend, lots of folks, and something that I  don't want to miss.  After that is Thanksgiving, so, if I go and break, with the drive and costs, there is strong potential I would miss our opening weekend. 

Having said all that, right about now I am at a 50% ---- It would be fun no doubt.   

Instead of working on a trip to LS - maybe you all should plan on a trip to the big sand box?   Escape the winter snows, bask in the glow of the desert warmth in the winter time?  Epic.
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

SPEC

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 09:59:34 AM »
I'll bring a freezer full of sausages.....
BAIT...BAIT...BAIT
 :spam :t :s :r

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »
Fly down, I will pick you up at the airport, ICT (wichita) on the way to the dunes, I am sure I can round up at least one spare bike, maybe two.  I am sure there will be plenty of open "shotgun" seats as well.  Camp under the stars....  Eat Specs food.  Back on the plane sandy and sunburned, putting lots of faces to names with only 2-3 days total investment.

We will take care of you!

boltz2012

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 03:21:53 PM »
Hell Yeah...i second that. I got an extra four wheeler you can tool around on while there. Consider it yours for the trip and you can ride with me sometimes and you could drive my ride sometimes. Im working on getting a big ass canves tent like a mess tent from a buddy of mine. There would be a place to lay and food for your belly. Fly out man we will take care of you. Then you dont have to worry about a break down on your buggy. I know everyone would like to meet you.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 04:24:53 PM »
Fly down, I will pick you up at the airport, ICT (wichita) on the way to the dunes, I am sure I can round up at least one spare bike, maybe two.  I am sure there will be plenty of open "shotgun" seats as well.  Camp under the stars....  Eat Specs food.  Back on the plane sandy and sunburned, putting lots of faces to names with only 2-3 days total investment.

Fly down

I live just 20 min's south of the ICT airport.  could also pick you up.  Lots of room in my toy hauler to lay out a sleeping bag. Can bring you back to ICT for trip home to.  Will have empty set for most of the week we are there.   

We will take care of you!

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 10:36:43 PM »
1000 miles for me one way. I already made it and it was worth it!

boltz2012

« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2009, 11:28:13 AM »
Just out of curiosity...is there anywhere i can park an 18 wheeler with a massive toy hauler up there so that it is reasonable to use. Im gonna convert a dry box into a toy hauler with living quarters and a small shop inside. Im bringing alot of friggin tools and extra parts. Any one flying our flag will have full use of my mobile shop. I was gonna do this same idea two years ago when i was gonna attempt the baja on a four wheeler. Like...do all 700 miles myself straight. I know...i know...thats nuts...but i wanted to do it. I just need to know if there is somewhere i can park this bad boy. 18 wheelers dont do good in loose stuff...so driving it out into the dunes is not practical.

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »
I believe there are accomidations!

boltz2012

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2009, 01:03:59 PM »
Sweet...and why you gotta go using big words.... ;D

Offline Doug Heim

• Forum Sponsor
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2009, 05:12:50 PM »
I didnt even use spell check... did I get it right?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal