Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 80774 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2017, 08:07:34 PM »
None of that would make me all warm and fuzzy.

sent those pics to him.....his reply   ........Q3 and Q4 are the nitrous drive transistors.  They coincidentally are connected to same processor ports as sequential injectors, and you loose their function anyway when you go sequential.   

on the second pic of the 3 spots soldered together....... That is ignition transistor for distributor, and those get tested 100? on assembly.  They look like they are touching, but probably arent

the distributor tfi wiring is re used for cas system
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #346 on: July 21, 2017, 05:44:51 AM »
I would guess they test too, but to what extint?  I mean it runs and comp would prop pass most test, but the nitty gritty tiny stuff could fail.  you'll get it sorted.  Hopefully they can rush it back next week.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #347 on: July 21, 2017, 06:50:09 AM »
bench test only. not sure how far you can go with a bench test as in all systems live and operating. it works for a while but cannot verify correct firing order of inj's and with an ir temp gun cyl 2 and 3 are running hotter that 1 and 4 by 125* to 130* give or take a degree. just to many glitch's to trust this ecu imo

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: July 21, 2017, 07:15:43 AM »
Not trying to badmouth any mfg testing procedures  ,just putting out interesting info hopefully. I found out after I bought my FAST efi that when an ecu is returned to them they test and if found to be faulty ,repair and then run it on a test mule (engine) for one hour before returning it to customer.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #349 on: July 21, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »
and the correct way to do it! must have a few engines too. i have serious doubts thats what took place with mine lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #350 on: July 21, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
I don't think they get many back.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #351 on: July 21, 2017, 05:14:55 PM »
found a broken doo hicky thingy on the board lol

That's...
old..
er..
ish..

His solders look like shit.

No warm fuzzys here either..

And there is an MS3 just up the dirt road from ya ;D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:18:00 PM by Enemy »
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2017, 05:19:05 PM »
And an MS2, but you will have to batch fire your injectors..
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2017, 08:58:53 AM »
cost $1200 but a new ms3 and expansion harness is on it's way. thanks enemy for letting me open the box up n the ms3....now know the new ecu's are un molested as in he hasn't soldered them together lol they come already done he just sends a base tune. so should solve my issues and just because the engine needs more break in time enemy and i took turns driving it around for a few miles last night lol damn sure cant the ecu!  rofl really sickening but hey i don't give a f$%k any more! once it ships back and wes does whatever to fix it and stamps good i am putting it up for sale on his forum with his clean bill of health stamp!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #354 on: July 24, 2017, 07:04:17 AM »
i had 3 questions on the ms3 pimp system so i asked stinger performance. he is partners with wes the guy that handles all the programming and electronics side. he is also the one that converted my ecu to sequential. he sent me a pm and asked that i call him yesterday. so he appoligized for the issues with the ecu. said he`ll figure it out when he gets it back and tthats its possible that split transistor is causing the issues. he said he hooks each one to a harness that has testlights at each point. said he tests each one but he doesnt let them sit there for any length of time powered up. he answered all the wiring change questions and also gave me the info on my ls2 coils so i can run seq spark as well with the new ecu.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
i had 3 questions on the ms3 pimp system so i asked stinger performance. he is partners with wes the guy that handles all the programming and electronics side. he is also the one that converted my ecu to sequential. he sent me a pm and asked that i call him yesterday. so he appoligized for the issues with the ecu. said he`ll figure it out when he gets it back and tthats its possible that split transistor is causing the issues. he said he hooks each one to a harness that has testlights at each point. said he tests each one but he doesnt let them sit there for any length of time powered up. he answered all the wiring change questions and also gave me the info on my ls2 coils so i can run seq spark as well with the new ecu.
I sure as hell hope you can............... rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
ya isn`t that the truth!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2017, 09:05:34 AM »
well the new ecu is in..... re wired the harness for seq spark with my ls2 coils and re pinned the harness back to original for seq fuel as well. it was seq fuel with the gen 1 pimp ecu but had to bring 2 inj's in on expansion port,new one is a direct wire to 60 pin connector. fired right up and idles soooooooo much better! in know just know 2 of the inj's were firing out of order on that gen1 ecu. also had to pull the gauge harness and make a new one. i don't know why but the 4 twisted pair shielded cat 6 wire i was using had a voltage leak in it somewhere. couldn't track it down and it was leaching 1.3 volts into my oil psi sensor and confusing my gauge. so out it came and a new one in. the gauge uses 20g wire so thats why i used the cat6 cable plus the connecter ends are a breeze! to bad so it's all soldered together now. car fires up and goes right to high/cold idle and here's a pic of the oil psi. rt lower corner. other readings are not active yet in tuner studio, will get to that soon.

the throttle response with this ms3 pimpxs ecu is very impressive. it's not as good as a bike motor but damn close compared to most car engines.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:07:46 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »
now the throttle response is crap compared to now with new ecu. so this video is with the old ecu.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:57:13 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
on another note.....my car is undrivable! steve was here with his turbo 2.3 and dougs rail.....scotts old rail with a turbo 2.3. stock 84 to 85 turbo, stock pistons, rods internals basically but mild ported heads and larger valves. one of the cheap easy upgrades is to put the roller cam out of a 94 95 ranger dual spark plug head into the turbo 2.3 to replace the stock slider cam ford used. this wakes up the bottom end off idle. i researched cams as i felt there was room for improvment over that stock rr cam ( ranger roller ). i called engle and talked to them about there hot pinto tubo cam. $425 shipped and a complete failure for a sand rail! it doesn't make power until 2800 rpm then the turbo starts to light vs the stock rr cam which lights the turbo 500 rpm off idle! now i will say for a racing cam say street or strip the hot pinto cam is a very good choice but for bottom end.....flat liner, undrivable, have to slip the clutch to even get it rolling! now i think the new walbro 450 e85 fuel pump is cashing out as i lost 10 psi fuel pressure over night. made to the bigger dunes by the lake but have to keep it above 4k rpm to keep the turbo lit and that's some real ground speed, too fast for me to go over the dunes and cannot slow down to check edges before you transition so no good riding in my rail. luckily scottsmith took me for several rides in his v8 4 seater.......i really like the v8!  lol raw tq!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal