Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 80762 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #330 on: July 19, 2017, 09:52:19 PM »
i did not look but enemy stated it has increased from what it was sun. so it's breaking in. i contacted the builder tonight and he said send back so he can look it over as something isn't right. enemy stated he has never seen so many glitchs and he runs a pimp ecu. i think he made a mistake installing the daughter board . i paid for that mod so i could go seq fuel. which is why i needed a cas system too. i was looking at megasquirt ms 3 systems today as they have all functions. i will see what he says when he gets it. it does run but looks like cyl 2 and 3 are crossed in his board to me ( a guess though ). i have no way to know for sure though. just did a simple check with temp gun on manifold while enemy held 2k rpm. cyl 2 and 3 are 125* hotter than 1 and 4.  no matter what cannot pulse 2 injectors still. enemy had him on the phone and did as he asked. have access back to the system to pulse them but cannot pulse 2 and 4 inj's. he ( wes the ecu guy) says well they are working but still should be able to test them and doesn't know why so send it back so he can look it over.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #331 on: July 20, 2017, 09:49:05 AM »
And you COULD have gotten the FAST ecu and avoided all of that BS. Sorry,I just had to add this comment. I hope /know you guys will figure it out.

While I'm sure the FAST system is a good system, it cannot accomplish what this MS2 based system can.
DS wants sequential fuel with ability to trim individual cylinders, Distributor-less ignition with the ability to run COP and wasted spark, full closed loop boost control, closed loop idle control, closed loop ARF control, flex fuel to adjust the VE tables laptop free if the ethanol content changes tank to tank... Am I missing anything on a first build/first fire??
Oh and individual fan control for radiator and innercooler fans, and canbus to a custom dash display from the ECU..
So after about 4 full hours of setup and configuring, it went down the road and boosted safely to 18psi with rock solid timing. I would say that is far from trash. It does have some quirks, and I think that can be placed on the builder of this particular used ECU and the CAS system. Was it plug and play? No. But the Pimp IS plug-and-play on a stock 2.3 turbo and some Ford V8's using the factory Ford wiring harness with very little mods. As in: bolt on the 60pin, configure your sensors, set up you injector characteristics, sync timing and fire it off and start tuning. That will be proven shortly on Heim's rail I hope! The forum that supports the system is very helpful, and if not, the creators of the MS systems at MSextra.com have forgotten more than most have learned and will help you get it right no matter if you are putting a Squirt on a jet-ski, gocart, or a John Deere B. (seen it!) Cool stuff!

Motor is settling in at 15" vacuum as of last evening, and feels really good going down the road, great job DS! And thanks for the headaches! LOL, just kidding I actually enjoy the tuning challenge.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:21 AM »
Never said it was trash. I said I'd have thrown it in the trash. FWIW, the FAST XFI would have done all the above. I'm not trying to say that FAST is better by any means but most of eithers capability is overkill and not needed for all but the most competitive racers.  Just for discussion , again not knocking any brand, if you are tuning an engine to wring out every last hp from it  ,it will be just like a high maintenance girl friend.  Again, does this system data log? Does it log all cylinders individually and if so,how does it do AFR individually with just one O2 sensor? If it only has one 02 sensor ,how would he be able to know how much to trim individual cylinders? I have lots of questions but we can start with these. I did consider the matter stuff along with the Holley be systems but decided the FAST system would suit my needs best,easiest. Of course ,that could change. ;D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:40:31 AM by fabr »
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #333 on: July 20, 2017, 12:36:32 PM »
It will datalog any channel desired, tooth logger, composite logger, etc..
Only one WB so individual trims is something I would not be comfortable with messing with unless there are egt sensors stuck in every port.
Yes sir they all have way more than most will ever need or use! But when the expansion ability is there, it sure is nice to have it and not have to buy/build a new controller.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
i tried to look up fast systems last night. i was hot and tired and didnt see on listed for an alreeady fuel injected system so shut it off. enemy is right i that is my objective as to have an ecu set that will adjust on the fly for load , boost and adjust for fuel content through flex sensor. i can see now that this used ecu i bought and sent to the builder to have upgraded for seq fuel was prob a bad idea. i bet it worked fin but that the daughter board for seq inj has either pushed it to its limits or ( my guess) he missed a solder joint of something internally.                 enemy i had my finger on buy it ms3 xs last night! it has all the features and 40% more i dont need all built in and ms3!  and i know iave asked a lot on a sand rail but why not rofl rofl

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #335 on: July 20, 2017, 01:01:03 PM »
fabr...honestly though about the trash can idea last night lol and i wasnt as frustrated as enemy ! tried to enable can comm for this guage i have so can monitor ethynol content per fill up as well as coolant, boost, afr etc etc. well the damn thing didnt like something and locked enemy out. it took him a while to get that fixed and he looked ready to smash it on the wall lol again though.....i just believe there is something wrong inside it. at this point it`s got to go back.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2017, 01:09:02 PM »
It will datalog any channel desired, tooth logger, composite logger, etc..
Only one WB so individual trims is something I would not be comfortable with messing with unless there are egt sensors stuck in every port.
Yes sir they all have way more than most will ever need or use! But when the expansion ability is there, it sure is nice to have it and not have to buy/build a new controller.
tuning with egts is a bit risky . Just too slow response.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2017, 01:26:15 PM »
tuning with egts is a bit risky . Just too slow response.
From what I was told, I wouldn't want to see the EGT #s anyway! It would just scare ya on a boosted motor lol! Wideband is the only way to go IMO, but stuffing a big ole bung in little individual exhaust ports would block half of it..

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2017, 04:50:47 PM »
Then individual cylinder trim is useless...................... I know guys running sequential with 8 02 sensors though. Pretty minimal gains but very useful when looking for every last pony in the pasture.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #339 on: July 20, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »
With my old AEM setup, I use fuel trims for evening out bank-to-bank fueling since one side of the block was leaner than the other on that build. Dual widebands sensors, works very well.. To bad its 12 years old and about to crap out completely. MS3 to replace that dinosaur!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #340 on: July 20, 2017, 06:17:44 PM »
found a broken doo hicky thingy on the board lol

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #341 on: July 20, 2017, 06:19:38 PM »
wes k asked for pics of top right corner of board where he added the daughter board.  i saw this while i was looking. also on the rear where that board pokes through the green board there are 3 tight holes with pins soldered in but looks like solder flowed across two rather than itself
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:06:00 PM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: July 20, 2017, 07:19:18 PM »
None of that would make me all warm and fuzzy.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2017, 07:30:07 PM »
With my old AEM setup, I use fuel trims for evening out bank-to-bank fueling since one side of the block was leaner than the other on that build. Dual widebands sensors, works very well.. To bad its 12 years old and about to crap out completely. MS3 to replace that dinosaur!
The FAST XFI will do individual trims or B2B also. You are comfortable with the MS stuff and I'm getting pretty good friends with the FAST stuff. Bottom line is we usually stay with what we are comfortable and well acquainted with. Sort of like girlfriends and wives.  LMAO LMAO LMAO
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2017, 08:03:49 PM »
yep  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal