Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 82108 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2017, 04:01:54 PM »
so found another guy in oregon that is willing ( so far) to make a ss turbo header for my app. i sent him a lot of pic and measurements last night and he said ya no problem. he does't understand why randy changed his design on me then refused to fix it or make it right but none the less we'll see. he said couple weeks and it should ship. now i know a log header isn't preferable but i have decided to go this route for now. just with a diff twist.......not a standard style log header and they will be stronger and less prone to crack than the others which is what i want. plenty of documented builds making 500 hp with a stock iron manifold.

" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2017, 06:09:07 PM »
its a turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. short, long, log, stock, square, when it hit's with 50 psi of boost it wont make a tin shi$$ its going to pack the cyl"s and kick a$$. don't swet the small stuff.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »
lol and thanks. not sure it will take 50 psi but boy would that be fun!  just need everything to fit where i want it as this powerplant may find a new home in a diff frame at some point maybe  ;) ;)  i liked the other header however stronger is always better so you answered my next two questions lol. i am going to buy a tig later this summer so i can build things like this myself cause no matter what ......and we all know this.....we just have to build ourselves! i was just trying to get a break on time.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Lance-W

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
its a turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. short, long, log, stock, square, when it hit's with 50 psi of boost it wont make a tin shi$$ its going to pack the cyl's and kick a$$. don't sweat the small stuff.

How true!!!!!!  LMAO rofl LMAO rofl LMAO
It's all about pressure and more is better.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2017, 07:20:30 PM »
its a turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. short, long, log, stock, square, when it hit's with 50 psi of boost it wont make a tin shi$$ its going to pack the cyl"s and kick a$$. don't swet the small stuff.
Bingo!!  You're not drag racing looking for that last 10th.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2017, 07:50:20 PM »
true as i will be limited to 35 psi only

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »
lol and thanks. not sure it will take 50 psi but boy would that be fun!  just need everything to fit where i want it as this powerplant may find a new home in a diff frame at some point maybe  ;) ;)  i liked the other header however stronger is always better so you answered my next two questions lol. i am going to buy a tig later this summer so i can build things like this myself cause no matter what ......and we all know this.....we just have to build ourselves! i was just trying to get a break on time.

Get with Jerry (SandSaviour) He just bought a very nice tig that here carries in the trailer.  We used it several time's in Yuma last winter and it worked great. He welded a half inch piece of steel with ease, and lot's of aluminum wheels. And the best part it was not that expensive.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2017, 06:38:47 AM »
will do thanks

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #278 on: June 11, 2017, 06:33:41 AM »
well found a guy that builds headers for the 2.3. he's in oregon and said he will build that log style header properly, $425 shipped. says he hopes to have it shipped in 2 weeks. i need the time saver for this project but still plan on buying a tig, i know i can borrow enemies again but i should have one. fast....i did contact jerry and he said he would look to see make and model on his.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2017, 09:03:36 AM »
well pretty much just waiting on a header to fire the motor off so in the mean time enemys needs 2 braces added.

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2017, 12:33:49 PM »
Crap someone got his busa!!  LOL.

Hold on Jeffco, meet super busa.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2017, 12:37:16 PM »
That will not be a marriage made in heaven.......................
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
lets just say i'm not expecting miracles on the jeffco with full boost coming from that built busa but enemy knows what he can and can't do so it will be interesting to see how he sets it up. given it's track record..... ;) yep

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2017, 06:17:38 AM »
so just some pics. i am using the microsquirt pnp ecu from stinger performance. they chose to use a db expansion port inside and most appear to use a plug that requires soldering he wires to tiny leads then the wires just hang out the hole in the back. i was searching for something i could easily disconnect to get the ecu out if needed. so i found this little black box that  enclosed, uses screws to secure the wires and is easily removed from the ecu. opening the casing just a tiny bit more was the only mod and it is a 26 pin connector were the db25 is on ly 25. the 26th pin on this connector is a ground so since the casing isn't grounded anymore thr0ugh the body i used that pin to ground it. it is held in by velcro , very strong velcro.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2017, 08:25:07 AM »
What amazes me is how many still use antiquated connectors.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal