Author Topic: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion  (Read 81697 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: turbo 1300 to turbo 2300 conversion
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2017, 10:00:21 PM »
carrier, center to center....up and down is 8.25".... side to side on center of heims is 5"

upper and lower arms are 26" straight out from the frame, center of pivot to center of pivot. they all pivot on the same line. i ran all thread with steel spacers through all the heims before tacking tabs on the frame for both upper and lower. with drilled plates with the 8.25" spacing to keep them spaced evenly end for end to match the carrier.

total spread of upper at the frame is 15.5" and 5" at carrier. lower total spread is 34" at frame and 5" at carrier. now i bet you can addt he spread at the frame the way you want and it wouldn't matter. both upper and lower pivot in the center of the cv right now with 1/4" greaser spacers. but that doesn't matter either if your drawing center lines.

i doubt it would make a big diff but if one was to narrow the up and down pivots at the frame from  8.25" to 8" or 7.75" and leave the carrier 8.25" it would induce neg camber with same length arms. prob only -2 to -3* .
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:02:28 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »
some progress

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #197 on: March 16, 2017, 12:55:43 PM »
After having to take a hammer to one cv to get it apart needless to say I was pissed. I will post pictures of what i'm doing. My old lightened ones with operate at 30 degrees now with just a little catch. The angle is there you just have to hold your tongue right plus grind the shit out of the new fxxkers.

The inner cage has no clearance with the outer. I really did have to use a hammer to get it apart. I spent over an hour on the drum sander widening the outer cage. I still need to take more out. The star need work too. It is hitting the retaining flange to. I'm shooting for able to do 30 degrees but hold them back to 27. My car doesn't ride where that would be a constant.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:06:47 PM by Dunebound69 »
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #198 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »
dunebound is working on his rail and making some progress but he took time out to show me the cv's. the cv's he's talking about are the rcv high angle plunging 930's that i couldn't get to go even 26* with out binding. now after seeing his 14 year old lightened 930's from pacific customs that do go 27* from day one till now and comparing them to rcv's .......ya you can see the problem. like dunebound said the inner cage is to large for the outter housing. when it pivots it actually is what starts to bind on the outter housing past a certain angle. he clearenced the outter for the inner and i bolted in on mine and checked them they operate right now or that one does. i have not told rcv and prob won't as i doubt they change anything or even believe me.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: March 19, 2017, 10:28:43 AM »
I'd talk to rcv . Who have you talked to there? It's really BS how so many aftermarket mfg's just don't care. I thought RCV was different. On the other hand...............remember the slip joint axle fiasco I had with RCV?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2017, 01:07:04 PM »
I could not be happier with mine. I set mine at 25 or 26 so the limit straps could stretch. No clicking or any binding.
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »
i went back to fixed for 30* max angle. i ran them at 35* max angle for the last 5 years with no issues. so we'll see.  i just went ahead and mounted in above the radiator. when i build the next frame i am going to stretch it 6" longer and i will buy a wider radiator so i can mount the innercooler in front of it as i wanted to. i do like the suby location too though.

fabbr i do remember all the trouble you had with them on the axles. i have never but can understand after this one!

punkur i am glad you are happy with your cv's i would like to think your one of many but have my doubts after this last batch they claim operate fine at 30* in there video. in that video they appear to be 15*! imo

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2017, 04:02:34 PM »
my rear view is worthless now but it works and gets plenty of air. i'll make a shroud for it and put a fan on it too. on the next one i will be making a fuel cell that mounts down in the frame like saddle bags. then the radiator and innercooler can be paired and moved back away from the motor. no room in  front of the radiator now and the inner cooler is the same width so it interferes with the inlet outlet necks.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2017, 02:15:04 PM »
well re assembly has begun. got the motor back to now just have to assemble it. i will as soon as i get the rail back on it's wheels. went from he 1100 paddle to 1450's and from 6.75 single razors to 8.80 triples

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2017, 02:15:44 PM »
rear

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2017, 05:21:54 AM »
you'll like them larger fronts in the chop, plus you got eps going in too?  Alright, quit screwing around with test rides in Enemy's ranger get her back together.  Test rides next weekend. LOL
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2017, 06:34:01 AM »
Looking good.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2017, 07:31:38 AM »
you'll like them larger fronts in the chop, plus you got eps going in too?  Alright, quit screwing around with test rides in Enemy's ranger get her back together.  Test rides next weekend. LOL

ya well he installed the new efr turbo and i just had to see how that performed!!!  i am impressed both spool time and much much quieter turbo!

yes the eps is mounted

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #208 on: March 29, 2017, 07:32:15 AM »
Looking good.

thanks and i know you still don't like the looks of my arms but hey they'll grow on you   ;D ;D ;) ;)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2017, 07:40:41 AM »
getting closer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal