Author Topic: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation  (Read 37535 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: October Sand In Your Beerfest /Camp Group Reservation
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 07:03:34 PM »
Hi, I'd like to share a Google Maps link with you.
Link:

Here is the link.  If you zoom onto Ash street count about four block to the west of 281 and then look south. You can see the camping area and the sand highway going to the Cowboy camping area.

Make that four and one half blocks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 07:06:39 PM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
So Master you want to just keep this list ongoing?  I'll keep and eye on it and order the slots accordingly. 
I'll keep the list going and updated here as peeps let us know. Fast,you can handle the arrangements.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2009, 07:35:32 PM »
Seriously guys,these are  the best campsites there are at LS!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 06:59:59 AM »
I just got off the phone with DS. We are going to camp at Cowboy camp instead. My rig is has no water system. He was there this spring and said the pull through sites fit our friends 2 rigs a 30 ft goose neck and a fifth wheel plus pickups, rails in ONE site no problem. DS already sent the word out for a bunch of other coming from Nebraska that we would be there. I hope to be there early evening on Wednesday we will probably try and take over 2 to 4 sites. 
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 07:10:30 AM »
I just got off the phone with DS. We are going to camp at Cowboy camp instead. My rig is has no water system. He was there this spring and said the pull through sites fit our friends 2 rigs a 30 ft goose neck and a fifth wheel plus pickups, rails in ONE site no problem. DS already sent the word out for a bunch of other coming from Nebraska that we would be there. I hope to be there early evening on Wednesday we will probably try and take over 2 to 4 sites.

At Cowboy or Deuces Wild?

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 07:23:34 AM »
DS said Cowboy.
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 07:55:37 AM »
Lets ask him if dueces would be OK instead. I don't think DS even knows about the Dueces camp. It would be cheaper,cleaner, and all hookups including sewer are there.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 08:17:55 AM »
Lets ask him if dueces would be OK instead. I don't think DS even knows about the Dueces camp. It would be cheaper,cleaner, and all hookups including sewer are there.

I think Dune means that his trailer don't have water and and DS is expecting some other people to find him at Cowboy.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
Ahh,I'll talk to DS I'm sure in the next day or 2. Plenty of time till then. Cowboy camp is free tho IF the rangers don't make it by that is! Otherwise I think it's what? 18 bux a day for the state campground.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 11:12:54 AM »
Update.

So for now the list is:

Dueces Wild Campsite:

Fastcorvairs----1 Pull Thru 50 amp?
masterfabr------1 Pull Thru 50 amp

Cowboy Campground:
Dunebound/dsrace----1

Anyone else. Let me and/or fast know. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:42:52 PM by Masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:05 AM »
Correct I do not have a toilet, shower in the trailer. There are several people from outside the DTS group coming down that we have gone with for years. And I don't get along with porta-pots. Most are tent campers so the train could be an issue for them. But the modern bath facilities is the major factor.

Offline Dunebound69

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:58 AM »
Shane told me he thought it was $15 a day.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2009, 07:56:52 AM »
DUe to some fubar I need to repost this info from Fastcorvairs and a couple other posts ::)

Quote,fastcorvairs, "OK guys here is the deal.

I and master have had a brain fart and want to run and idea across you people that are planing on the October trip to LS.  I have talked to the lady and gent that run the Deuces Wild camp ground.  That is the camping park that is just south of the city park and just north of the road that goes to the Cowboy camp ground. You can walk to the grocery's store and Jimmy's sand store form there. You use the sand highway that runs parallel to the Cowboy camp ground road to get to the dunes. I can work a deal on a group rate and or at the lest can get us a discount per slot at the camp site.  These are pretty nice pull Thur with full hook up slots.  I can get my 72 feet of rig in the center slots with no problem and there is a real nice grassy spot for the people that are pitching tents. Did i mention full sewer water electric and lots of shade trees. Lots of room for a 18 wheeler.  The camp ground owner drives a tractor trailer and parks it there to. See attached pictures from last week end.   Let me and Master know how many for sure are coming down and I will get back with the camp site pep's.  It would put all of us in one spot and I believe would be far less then the cost of a spot at cowboy or the south lot.  We need to start a list some where.  Like we did for the flags.  It would be kewl as hell to have every one in one spot don't ya know. "

Go online to Deuces Wild camp ground Waynoka Okc. for information on the camp ground.

Link
http://www.deuceswildcampground.com/location.html

Just three have signed on? Lets here it from all you guys that are going to be there.  Cowboy or Deuces Wild.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:04:35 AM by fastcorvairs »

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
I am leaning toward Cowboy for the same reasons. Ill be a tenter and I like a close shower. I stayed there before and really like them. You can actually see the peaks of some of the taller dunes from Cowboy as well.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »
I will be at Cowboy this trip. I like (and want!) some trees around me just in case that Sandstorm (yes I capitalized it..lol) finds out we came back for a second round. I don't think the 'ole truck-tent could take another beating like that!  ;D. I also like to get out the gate and be at the big dunes.  ;)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal