Author Topic: Group hug at LS in October  (Read 70207 times)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: Group hug at LS in October
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
I am headed to Colorado second opinion time. Only thing for certain right now is no CANCER.

That sounds good Dune.  It could be operational fix. Sure missed you at LS this time.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2009, 07:12:45 PM »
That's a good thing to hear. Best of luck to ya.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #107 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
OK finally i am here. Trailer made it back just fine as did we. Only thing is that minus the cold we are getting hammered with record rain fall. Seeing as i live in the country i have crappy internet. So this morning is the first time ive been able to log on and post anything. I got some pics and a small vid of my second ride in the buggy ever. Soon after i got home i rigged it up with some links of chain i had laying around until i can make a 5 link rear end. Works like a champ. I have officially pissed my nieghbors off beyond repair. F**k'em. I dont like them anyhow. They better be glad i atleast have exhaust now. DS bro i wasnt trying to run out on you i was trying to get it back over to the camp so i could run to town and try to do a quick fix on it. I will most deffinately be there next time and ill be better equiped.

I want to send out a special thanx to Fast and Dave. You guys made the whole trip worth it by giving my boy a ride and by rescueing me. Just so everyone knows....If you break down and gotta be towed in you are gonna have to sign the tow strap. What i did notice in the trunk of Fast's car was a rather large stick with writing on it and boy im glad i didnt have to get whatever it takes to sign that. LOL...Thanks everyone for the good time and friendship. Just shows me that im where i belong.

Now...onto another note...to all you non believers...The honda tranny performed flawlessly.I have since dogged the piss out of it and the chain is still cool enough i can reach down and hold it. I had the buggy up to 105 mph and no problems. I am going to change tire sizes to give me a better gear ratio as i am in 5th gear in the honda tranny now. At the dunes in the vid i will post i spun thru every gear and it still moved pretty good on the sand. My only issue so far is some frame flex that is allowing my axle to pop out of the cup. But i fixed that. Ill post up pics in a bit and ill post up some vid. Thanx again to everyone.

P.S. Dune...bro i hope it all works out good for you brother. I know how you feel right now. I will keep you in my prayers.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2009, 11:13:50 AM »
Has the boy stopped grinning yet? Dave popped his cherry pretty good I think. I'm betting fast did so also.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:22:39 AM by Masterfabr »
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

boltz2012

« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »
no not yet. LOL... We had a blast. it was good to meet you guys and shake your hands..

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
man!!! everyone having luck with these honda trans!!!!! i guess that would solve my reversing ideas!!!!  i wanna see the pics and vid of bolts car!!!
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2009, 07:49:56 PM »
a friend of mine ( clay ) that was down for the LS trip from south dakota took some pics with an actual camera, here they are. in the pic of the 3 rails the left is my friend shane also the guy that builds our offroad transaxles, next is allans rail with becky in the pass seat and last but not least is my rail with my daughter leah all bundled up with a blanket in my pass seat. we just got done with a lap around the park with clay and cory leading on a honda 450 dirt bike and clay on his raptor. then stopped to watch the drag races.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

boltz2012

« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2009, 09:55:50 AM »
Ok I'm an idiot. It doesn't run 105. Yet!!!got the gauges working and that's what they say. But I forgot about gearing. So I think it's really running about 75.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2009, 10:30:57 AM »
 :) That sounds better. ;)
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2009, 10:31:47 AM »
Probably still too high though due to shorter tires also.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Dunebound69

• Time flies when drinking rum!
« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
You guys all look like Eskimos in the dune pictures. Freezing your balls off let you know you are alive. I truly regret not getting down to meet you all. But it looks as though I will get that chance.

I do have cancer but it sound like my treatment options is for a favorable out look. God willing the Dr is correct.

On a side note I would like to let everyone in on Front Range center for Brain and Spine Center. I saw Dr Writ and just his bed side manner was worth the 7 hr drive from Lincoln. The web site is www.brain-spine.com. I hope no one else needs them but if you do I would recommend paying them a visit. In my case he is 95% sure on the course of action. But we are contacting a friend of his who is doing research at the forefront on my condition to get the most current information possible.

Thank you to all for your support. PM me if you know anyone that is in the same boat as me. I am more than willing to share what I have learned.
Time flies when having rum!
Famous last words, Watch this
Government can not give you anything it dose not take from someone else first. When we stop laughing we start dying.
"When you stop doing things for fun you might as well be dead" Hemingway

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2009, 01:01:32 PM »
Sounds good Dune.  Keep on hanging.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2009, 01:29:58 PM »
GREAT to hear!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SPEC

« Reply #118 on: October 16, 2009, 02:31:07 PM »
Hang in there Bud.....

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #119 on: October 16, 2009, 08:39:51 PM »
oh he will, he has no choice WE WON'T LET HIM STRAY!  ;D
he is more stubborn than me!!!!!!!!  ;) ;)

dune check out the first little video I posted in the video vault, this is what you'll be doing come spring but behind me of course  ;) ;) LMAO
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal