Author Topic: 1986 Ford Ranger 4D55 Turbo Diesel  (Read 10533 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: 1986 Ford Ranger 4D55 Turbo Diesel
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
For me,I'll accept 12-13 mpg and have something that will get out of the way.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline BDKW1

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »
Ford has truck over seas with a 4cy diesel

Every manufacture has a small diesel that they sell overseas. You can thank the EPA for not getting them here.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:11 PM »

Every manufacture has a small diesel that they sell overseas. You can thank the EPA for not getting them here.

+1     exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
For me,I'll accept 12-13 mpg and have something that will get out of the way.

considering the weight hell yes! lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
Not sure what happen to my other post, maybe I threw the rod Yum?

With EPA crap, if you take a car that can get 40mpg and put emmision stuff on it to lower the tailpipe crap 30% but ruduce its mielage to 25mpg, my math says you've increase the tailpipe crap because you've lost 40% in mpg.  But they dont use reg math, only Gov't math.  bs1  My first car, 1976 pumkin orange chevet, a real chick magnet in Daytona Beach Fla  LMAO got better gas mileage than any vehicle I've ever owned.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 06:40:16 AM »
It seems like Carl has hit the nail on the head. Back to my theory of the US wanting to ,as quickly as possible,use up the rest of the worlds oil while keeping ours in the ground through heavy handed policies as long as possible for OUR future use when others have very little left. What other possible reason can there be for the EPA policies?????
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »
It seems like Carl has hit the nail on the head. Back to my theory of the US wanting to ,as quickly as possible,use up the rest of the worlds oil while keeping ours in the ground through heavy handed policies as long as possible for OUR future use when others have very little left. What other possible reason can there be for the EPA policies?????

Greed..Deception..Power..?
And since American roads are maintained mostly by a federal gasoline tax, and that tax is levied per gallons, more fuel efficient cars means less money for the Fed.
Interesting that at least 42 Congresspeople own stock in Exxon Mobil
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post.aspx?post=bee0873a-5fa3-432c-9c05-f0f784af32d5
But then again, according to the guv, I'm just a batshit crazy conspiracy theory guy that has more than a weeks worth of food on hand at all times that may also own a firearm.. AKA an American terrorist lol

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
Here's a couple diesels that should have been built by the big 3! But that's what we are all here for right? Take all their good stuff and build shit the way it should be  ;D

The 08 Chevy 1500 is from Burkey Farms (where I found the Ranger). They stuff these motors in everything out there! It has a mild/tuned 4BT (4 cylinder Cummings) sitting nicely under the hood with a manual 5 speed OD. 40mpg and hauls ass! They also installed one in a very clean 78 F100 stepside. It got around 37mpg on his last trip to Wisconsin. If this Mitsubishi diesel doesn't work out for some reason, It would most likely be my choice for replacement in the Ranger.

The second is my brothers 92 Dodge 150 short-box with a first gen 6BT Cummings and a 5 speed. Upgraded turbo and pump, 30mpg and likes to whoop up on little street cars! Diesel is just effin cool. Its too bad it got such a shitty reputation in this country back in the day.

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal