Author Topic: Well CRAP  (Read 18282 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Well CRAP
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2019, 03:20:23 PM »
i do not have nor can i find a schematic on the control boards themselves. if i could find them i could check each board and i only say that as they like to discontinue the older designs and sell you all new ones for the new designs and then you have to buy the t stat to go with it. we'll see tonight hopefully, many many have the time delay relay fail as that is what activates after the fan turns on then it sends power to gas pressure switch which opens the gas valve and turns the igniter on.  now from what i can tell i can convert the roof ac back to a manual control with knobs at the ac then wire in a standard lever styl t stat to the furnace.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
I just add more wood when it's cold.  Hope you find the gremlin

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2019, 05:55:17 PM »
Older ones and home have to lower the fan thru a sail switch to turn gas on. KISS why they screw w that I don’t know.

But did get my adj cam gears. Now if other crap will show maybe fire soon.
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »
i found the problem! only 20 hrs but i found it. well the way it works is 2 wires from thermostat, 1 to furnace and 1 to circuit board in ac unit. 12v comes out of both wires so hot at furnace and hot to ac unit board. relay at ac unit board trips and send that 12 v down to furnace also. 12v is coupled to a on off toggle like switch that is worthless and you have to pull the furnace to access it! other 12 v wire from ac unit goes to 3 wires that they used spade connectoers to couple together. out of that 3 way, 1 wired goes to temp snap switch then out of that to sail switch. 2nd lead goes to 4 wire connection at circuit board on furnace. that wire activates the other side of a relay that starts the fan motor. fan has to start to trip sail switch that trips gas valve which also activates ignitor. so i had this furnace standing on end resting up against my lap while tracing 12v from both wires to all there connections and out of that 3 way i only had 12v on 2 wires. so i went to disconnect that spade connector and the fan turned on. scared the $hit out of me and i damn near jumped through the window!  rofl  dead quiet and watching v meter and the damn fans turn on and start vibtaing in my lap  rofl  so they must have ran out of one kind of connector so grabbed a cheap $hitty one and it broke internally and sparked and burnt the connection until i touched it. crimped all 3 so no spade connecters to eliminate this issue. the time delay relay is integrated into the circuit board which is what that 3rd leg energizes. there is no reason they need to assemble connections like that!!!!    so sorry carl back to the zx12r report lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2019, 03:41:20 AM »
Problem w crimp connectors is squeeze em too tight cut half the cheap ass wires they prob use. Add way DS runs the bumpy rds and broke wire. Lol. Glad ya fig out.

Now if I can fig out getting tiny broke tstat housing bolt from head.   Two were broke of 4. Not sure but must have used locktight? the broke bolt removing. Seized up good.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2019, 06:10:04 AM »
thanks

map gas and a left handed drill bit may work. that really sucks wen bolts break!

Online big dave

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2019, 07:54:41 AM »
Good fine. I bet that was a real hair puller.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2019, 09:00:23 AM »
Problem w crimp connectors is squeeze em too tight cut half the cheap ass wires they prob use. Add way DS runs the bumpy rds and broke wire. Lol. Glad ya fig out.

This is why I try to use only very high quality connectors . If building a harness I will only use deutsch or amp sealed connectors for 99% of all connections.I like rock solid reliable.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
Good fine. I bet that was a real hair puller.

i was happy it wasnt the control board as i bet its been discontinued!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »

This is why I try to use only very high quality connectors . If building a harness I will only use deutsch or amp sealed connectors for 99% of all connections.I like rock solid reliable.

i completely understand! this furnace did not need to be wired together using spade connectors nor did they need to use standard t stat wire from t stat to roof ac then back down to the furnace. that is tiny solid wire that doesn't like to be wiggled much lol .  no matter what i have always known camper are kindling on 4 wheels lol

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2019, 06:06:08 PM »
Finally some progress head studs and spacer plate. Now if slow head gasket would show. But looks like Monday dang it.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2019, 06:26:01 PM »
come on head gasket!! making some progress

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2019, 04:37:57 PM »
Motor built and back in. Wired up and finishing plumbing. Fingers crossed for a test fire soon.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
Hell yea!
You musta went all-out this weekend!
I'm still working on a header, getting close but now have to switch intake and exhaust plumbing completely around. 
 We need a "Phuck"emoji...  but too many ways to use the word
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online big dave

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 05:54:40 AM »
Motor built and back in. Wired up and finishing plumbing. Fingers crossed for a test fire soon.
your a animal

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal