Author Topic: Well CRAP  (Read 18261 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Well CRAP
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »
http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115104

i think that is the article and btw i guess there's a kawi 12r engine in the marine world that shares parts with your engine!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 04:26:31 PM »
http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115104

i think that is the article and btw i guess there's a kawi 12r engine in the marine world that shares parts with your engine!
I read and saw that water ski.
Not much info on spacer and how much makes me have to use adjustable sprockets on cams. I can run diff thicker head gasket too but some post say that’s weaker. I got a killer deal lead on cam sprockets lined up. Just trying to fig all out because don’t have time to redo reorder stuff lol
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »
well hopefully that aem guy will know how apprx how far off the timing will be.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2019, 07:54:03 PM »
Got the billet clutch basket in. So good looking hate to hide it inside cover. Nice piece from MTC.
Ordered the adj cams, only way to get crank and cams back to time.
Also .040 spacer plate for cylinder to lower comp to 11.2:1
And new head studs and nuts so I keep it all squeezed together tight
Also pu some antifreeze 🤣🤣🤣

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »
Got the billet clutch basket in. So good looking hate to hide it inside cover. Nice piece from MTC.
Ordered the adj cams, only way to get crank and cams back to time.
Also .040 spacer plate for cylinder to lower comp to 11.2:1
And new head studs and nuts so I keep it all squeezed together tight
Also pu some antifreeze 🤣🤣🤣
10: 10:
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2019, 07:06:03 AM »
50/50 on the antifreeze this time? so do you plan on setting timing back to factory marks or are you going to find that article about advancing intake cam and retarding exh cam for a turbo application which requires a degree ring of course? should be a runner !

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 07:23:55 AM »
all the parts on the way carl?  ;)

enemy your running out of time  ;D

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2019, 10:56:50 AM »
Head is here. New billet clutch basket here and installed. Adj cams be here today. Waiting on turbo parts, spacer plate, head studs, and new head gasket. Hope all by end of week. I got a case of cold beer waiting to help assemble and install. Hopefully test fire this weekend.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2019, 01:52:00 PM »

"Time" is an agreed upon construct..
And I no longer agree with it!

I just need to explain that to the turbo, the header, the power steering, the shock revalve, the alignment, and the tuning.
See, plenty of time!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Carlriddle

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2019, 03:14:01 PM »

"Time" is an agreed upon construct..
And I no longer agree with it!

I just need to explain that to the turbo, the header, the power steering, the shock revalve, the alignment, and the tuning.
See, plenty of time!
I just spoke to the 6 of them and they nOw understand.
Damn head studs and base gasket miss del today because I wasn’t her. Shit I gotta work to pay for this stuff.  beathorse.gif~c200

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 06:44:19 AM »
i have spent the last 2 night trying to figure out why my furnace won't work in the camper.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2019, 07:08:18 AM »
On an RV I once had , I had to remove the gas orifice and blow it out every trip. It would work perfectly during trip but if it sat unused for even a week I had to once again remove it and blow it out.I never found out why it would plug up. I just kept a 5/16" (I think it was 5/16)inside the outside furnace door so it was handy every time.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
that might have been irratating but  doable once a year. in my case i have a high efficiency furnace. mine is mounted flat under the countertop with all the electrical to the back wall. the t stat has a small control board in it and send a signal to a control board in the roof ac unit then then send a signal to the control board on the furnace itself. from there it trips a relay that turns the brushless 12 v fan motor on that has to actual fans attached to it. one is for interior and other is for furnace vent. it is supposed to have a time delay relay so the fan will purge the exh vent before igniting.  i cannot fing that time delay relay on the furnace. i pulled it out to find that they didnt put a quick disconnect on it so had to cut the wires and then re crimp. the board must handle the time delay. but the fan wont turn on and it has to turn on first. i hot wired it and it runs fine. i traced output from t stat to ceiling ac unit and then verified 2 wires with batt volts leave and head to furnace. i now need to pull  the furnace again and now check to make sure those 2 wires reach the board and that a mouse didnt eat one in a wall. if it does then i prob need a new control board at the furnace. spent prob 14 hrs testing circuits and chasing wires through the camper. put the furnace back in to re coonect just to see if the fan turns on. i will make and extension courd this time. these new systems are a little more complicated now a days.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2019, 12:19:55 PM »
the thermostat is nice. i can set a 1* or 2* diff before furnace or ac restarts. i can also set it so the ac fan runs on auto, low or high while the furnace runs or on and off with it. and of course auto, low or high continuous while ac runs/cycles. its when 1 of 3 boards takes a dump that its not so nice lol

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
Everything is waaaaayyyyyyyy to complicated today.You have my sympathy.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal