Author Topic: Welcome to our newest member Stickflipper  (Read 5037 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Welcome to our newest member Stickflipper
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 02:22:48 PM »
nice to have you on board. now there is a an a-arm post going on right now. do you have a pic, from the side, with the side panel off?

how about just the frame  ;D       

nice work!

ok that pic is great , everyone loves naked shot  ;) :m  but at the front....there is a diaganol brace tube coming off of the beam then up to frame and one from that point back down. what is the maeasurement from the top to bottom tube at that point. i ask because it looks like where the  cross tube is on the lower frame that the beam is braced off.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 02:27:01 PM by dsrace »
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Online DeepBusch69

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:52 PM »

[/quote]

it is a glamor shot   :D
funky look to the sky is due to the early stages of the solar eclipse
[/quote]

Welcome stinky finger.   rofl  Good looking buggy; looks like Idaho during the eclipse.  The 8.50 front tires really do help with the turning. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 02:52:24 PM »
that looks like a well thought out chassis stickflipper

Offline Stickflipper

• Grunt worker
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:48 PM »
nice to have you on board. now there is a an a-arm post going on right now. do you have a pic, from the side, with the side panel off?

how about just the frame  ;D       

nice work!

ok that pic is great , everyone loves naked shot  ;) :m  but at the front....there is a diaganol brace tube coming off of the beam then up to frame and one from that point back down. what is the maeasurement from the top to bottom tube at that point. i ask because it looks like where the  cross tube is on the lower frame that the beam is braced off.

14 3/8" 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »
soooo just to give you an idea.....my chassis (inside of the tube) measurement there is 14.5". i use 24" wheel travel with my cradle welded on at a 5* rake ( up angle) and have plenty of clearance between the upper a arm and frame. i say all this as in your case, with plenty of clearance i would go with a 5* rake as it is helpful. the a arm front end kit pictured in the other post can be ordered  set up for a 5* rake install. you shouldn't have to completely change/re design the upper frame . with trailing arms i bet your at best achieving 14 to 16" wheel travel so 16" to 18" front would be all your going to use anyway so plenty of clearance, as 24" travel doesn't require too much more clearance. again just my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:51:31 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
posted some pics in 78 crew's thread DS a-arm kit information needed

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 09:37:21 AM »
here's a good side shot of my old v6 rail. of course it runs the same front end i sell less lower shock mounts. it has the same spread between upper and lower frames sections and has 24" of true wheel travel. ground clearance on that rail at full droop in the front was 28". the lower shock mounts were two pieces of .25" thick by 2" wide flat plate with a piece of 7/8" od x 1/2" id tube welded through for a shock mount on an 1800 lb rail. has held nicely for going on 8 years now.

Offline Stickflipper

• Grunt worker
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
soooo just to give you an idea.....my chassis (inside of the tube) measurement there is 14.5". i use 24" wheel travel with my cradle welded on at a 5* rake ( up angle) and have plenty of clearance between the upper a arm and frame. i say all this as in your case, with plenty of clearance i would go with a 5* rake as it is helpful. the a arm front end kit pictured in the other post can be ordered  set up for a 5* rake install. you shouldn't have to completely change/re design the upper frame . with trailing arms i bet your at best achieving 14 to 16" wheel travel so 16" to 18" front would be all your going to use anyway so plenty of clearance, as 24" travel doesn't require too much more clearance. again just my opinion of course.

Tried to order it, Web site issues....  5:
Message sent to them.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »
pm sent

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal