Author Topic: South Africa  (Read 2026 times)

Dino

South Africa
« on: July 07, 2009, 02:35:04 AM »
Hay there gents I would like to introduce myself as a new member to the fab family, I have read so many of your threads these last couple of days my head is spinning, but to my dismay I need to add that I'm a NOOB to this, I have for the past 5 odd years dreamed of building a trail buggy for our South African highveld as I stay on a 5 000 hectares game farm, and then out of the blue I get a mail from a friend of mine with Cuda pics and I new this was the one, so after a lot of research I have decided to go forth and start my project (soon to come ) But I`ll need allot of help who is offering????? ;D

Offline Reidy02

• VIP
  • What goes around comes around!
Re: South Africa
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 03:00:39 AM »
Hey Dino, welcome mate looks like you've come to the right place for help or a guiding hand maybe with ya Cuda, cause there are heaps of guys here with lots of experience! What was it or is it you were wanting a hand with? ;D ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:02:08 AM by Reidy02 »
VTR 1000 CUDA on the way.. What goes around comes around!!

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 05:23:32 AM »
Welcome to th fab family ;D
Once you get used to us...we're alot of fun

artie on edge

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:43:39 AM »
Welcome to th fab family ;D
Once you get used to us...we're alot of fun

Great to see you here mate. South Africans are almost Aussies, reall nice guys. (well we do get eaten by the same shark genus.... great whites love both coast lines).

What Spec said, although getting used to us is quite a task sometimes. No doubt you will have heaps of questions but Im glad to hear you are doing some reading... wont hurt you at all. There are a heap of Cuda builders/owers on here. No shortage of info... go for it!

Dino

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:52:08 AM »
Well thanks guys i bet well get along just fine  8)

Reidy02 nothing yet brother still trying to find out if i can get the plans in metric  :-\ we use the whole mm/cm/km board do inches is a mess for me to convert especially that much   :b

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:14:51 AM »
Great to see you here mate. South Africans are almost Aussies, reall nice guys. (well we do get eaten by the same shark genus.... great whites love both coast lines).

What Spec said, although getting used to us is quite a task sometimes. No doubt you will have heaps of questions but Im glad to hear you are doing some reading... wont hurt you at all. There are a heap of Cuda builders/owers on here. No shortage of info... go for it!
Welcome to the site!

There ya go-talking about me again! LOL!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
I think you'll enjoy yourself here and YES there are a lot of smart guys here willing to help.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 03:34:49 PM »
Welcome to DTS. Im a Barracuda owner and builder myself. Check out the sponcers as there are alot of great items available for purchase to help with the more difficult parts  ;) .

The Barracuda plans are available through the Edge and they are in metric.

Good luck with the build and please let us know how we can help!

Dino

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »
Hay all thanks for the kind words and welcoming me so openly

Doug do you ship out to SA, I have been through your posts and WTF dude your work is out of this world, If i could just have an quarter of your talent here in SA then i`ll be a bloody millionare mm:, but until then a slumdog i`ll be.

Well I don't know if any of you guys have been to SA at all but If you have you`ll know Things here are expensive for us who live here that's why we import so it might be a while before my Turbo Busa Cuda :d is ripping the snot off my little brother and his offroad crotch rocket group of dumbass friends  8)

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 01:56:26 PM »
Yes I do my friend and thanks for the kind words  ;)

When you know what your after send me a parts list and Ill take good care of you.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »
Doug will treat you well,at least he has me . You will not have to come to the US to have a butt kicking party I promise!! Very good parts with great upgrades done to them. 
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I participate in your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal