Author Topic: ori struts  (Read 2023 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: ori struts
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 09:03:26 AM »
To answer the question , VERY lazy
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 03:56:09 PM »
not sure i need a 3.0 c/o with DSC ( dual  speed comp) adjuster or if the 2.5 version would be just fine.  i am not at the end of my valving on the 2.5 fox airs. my concern is that i am at the limits of the shock in regards to g outs at the bottoms of the dunes at my weight class.  i can slow the comp down twice as much but while i am cutting the back end off and making major changes this is the time to step up in the shock dept. not to mention that the hv24 weighs almost 40 lbs more  ;D not even going to try and pick it up at my age  :m showed enemy the trans and it is still in the crate it came in.

the 2.5 c/o with dsc is a much better shock then my 2.5 airs but the 3.0 is as well but wonder if it would be too much?? def moves for oil/volume then the 2.5 so should be able to operate at slower valving rates to help keep it cooler on hot days.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 07:23:05 PM »
 :m My Fortin is over 200 pounds.

I believe you would be served well with the 2.5 coilovers. A 3.0 would work but springs etc are more expensive the bigger you go. My car weighs 3080 with a load of fuel IIRC. I am happy with the 2.5 coil carrier/2.5 bypasses.

Since you are redoing the rear I would highly suggest you go coilover/bypasses. You will not regret it other than the extra $$$$. Especially since you will then do the same up front. :nw It's only $$$$$ rofl rofl rofl
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 07:25:45 PM »
How much shock stroke are you wanting?
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 01:02:42 PM »
How much shock stroke are you wanting?

On the rear its between 12" and 14" stroke. I have considered narrowing the rail 2 to 4 ". The trans is supposedly 4" narrower and have not  actually measured yet to know for sure. Just based on a cad print and memory of the megasand. Min 2" narrower but I believe 4" is prob the best way to say that. So if its 2" then considering cutting or ordering new axles 2" shorter. Reducing from 24" to 22 or 20" wheel travel and lessening the cv angle 2*. If I did then a 12" stroke shock would keep me under 2-1 motion ratio. Now I know we can play over 2-1 but I pre fer less if possible. Keeps the shock running cooler and all of this is based on the harsh conditions of LS. St a dunes are far far smoother , less punishing. My trans is not as heavy as your fortin ......about 30 ish lbs lighter, motor is 400 lbs.

On a side note, bought fox 2.5 c/o, internal by pass off a '17 x3 last year for the front. They are 10" stroke and I did so because my 2.5 airs are too much shock for the front. Only running like 300 psi in them.....275 or 300 and 45 comp and 3-1 rebound. Rebound has been the hardest to tame as well as the psi. Have not gotten them where I like them either and always felt I needed to leverage them out more. Front end is light enough that a 2.2 or 2.4 to 1 ratio would make a huge diff on tunability imo. So the 10" stroke operating at 2.4 to 1 might be spot on once tuned. They are heavier but I doubt that plays much of a role. Now empty wet weight will most likely be close to 2400 lbs in the end. 1960 wet right now and 40 lbs in a new trans alone! Add 8 coliseum and the remote res plus a 15 gal fuel tank if possible......yep  ;) st a prep  :m
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 01:06:02 PM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2022, 11:55:38 AM »
So I found a good used set of fox piggy back 2.5 c/o internal bypass shocks with dsc knobs. So they are 16" stroke but with the bump stops they are tech 15.5" stroke. Stock shocks on a 2020 or 2021 kawasaki krx teryx 1000 sxs. I really wanted 3.0's but they had none. They did have live valve 16" stroke off a '21 krx 1000 but I have no way to control them. There are a couple companies with stad alone systems the works.  ordered the used shocks last night along with 2 more pieces that i think i will be using in the rebuild this winter.

The 2.5 c/o 16" stroke are are 41" extended.  my fox air 2.5s 14" stroke are 38" extended. Not much more room and krx 1000 rear end is 21.5" true wheel travel.  1.34:1 motion ratio on a modified 4 link thats very close to a 5 link design. when i say true 21.5" wheel travel that is because there is 4" of GC at full bump. imo they have the vast majority of there competition beat in suspension geometry. they have the lower hp engine imo but there are ways around that if one needs more.  the upgrade for that rear end is a 3.0 c/o dsc knob 16" stroke and $3500 for a pair!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 12:05:19 PM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2022, 07:49:01 AM »
Other the. Designation at time of of purchase, how does one tell if. Shock is a bypass c/o? Been doing some light reading on ride fox's site and apparently performance and race series can both be by pass and both have single or dual comp adjusters. The front shocks i have also have a rebound adjustment on the bottom shock eyelet with dual comp adjustments. I do not have the rears yet, but,  they are on there way. So reading a couple sites that list out which shocks went on which sxs's i realize they have substituted different shocks as upgrades. I assume (in this case) kawasaki's krx1000 shock info must be proprietary even though its built by fox. So based on pics there is only one external adjustment for comp.  Looks like I can replace that section of the piggy back with a dual comp adjuster. I of course would pre fer internal by pass shocks but my real goal is better g out control. Thats where I am at my limits on the fox 2.5's. The low speed comp setting ( according to fox ride site) effect g outs so those are  must.  Very interesting article about flutter valve stacks coupled with dsc adjusters. Will have to tear that shock apart and give the flutter stack a try when I swap them to dsc.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 07:52:30 AM by dsrace »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
All I know is that on the yxz's we have different shocks on1 of them. Those shocks have dual springs and dual adjuster knobs. The other 3 xyz have progressive rate single springs with ,I believe,just a compression adjustment. I need to verify that. Don't remember for sure. The dual rate springs make a world of difference in ride quality.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2022, 01:54:58 PM »
All I know is that on the yxz's we have different shocks on1 of them. Those shocks have dual springs and dual adjuster knobs. The other 3 xyz have progressive rate single springs with ,I believe,just a compression adjustment. I need to verify that. Don't remember for sure. The dual rate springs make a world of difference in ride quality.

i can believe that 100%. been looking around at dual rate spring kits for the '21 krx 1000 rear shock....... shock therapy wants $600 for a kit to do both rears. apperantly they are need to be a behive shape because the bottoms are so long. who knows but that is 2 beehive springs and two upper with a new cross over i believe.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2022, 01:57:24 PM »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2022, 11:53:02 AM »
The new used kawasaki krx 1000 rear shocks showed up yesterday. 2 out of 4 boxs and how they get scattered when they are loaded on 1 truck is beyond me. The other two wound going to Kansas somehow but are now on there way. So I know these have 2 coils but I do not believe they classify as dual rate springs sets. I belive the top is called a tender spring. We will address that along with possibly a dual comp adjustment system. Depends on cost S if a dual spring set and dcs add enough cost then probably will sell these and order new. 2.5 c/o piggy back 16" stroke.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2022, 11:55:37 AM »
I tried do upload direct but it says the file size is too large. I am posting these from my phone so cannot resize or I should say do not know how on this phone.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2022, 03:06:33 PM »
Thosd are definitely dual rate spring setup.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal