Author Topic: Giving the Psycho Bitch a makeover  (Read 6233 times)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
Giving the Psycho Bitch a makeover
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
Admit it now! Everybody has had one (or 5 or 6) in their life right?  ;D

Mine happens to be my X girlfriend AND a 1993 F150. And they have both respectfully earned their names IMHO.. The truck stared out as just "Bitch" after the GF first named it...Maybe because of all time I was spending with it pulling and tearing the motor down 4 times to correct pathetic work from a local machine shop (WAS considered one of the best in town at the time..) thumb down A couple different trannys, rearend builds, a few cam swaps, countless re-hack jobs on the engine harness to get all the electronics to stop fighting amongst themselves, multiple factory ECU hacks and chips, a run to Texas to find a rust free box, replace cab corners, fix all the hail, repaint, etc. etc... And had to be quick about it cause all I had to do this in was a shop stall I rented from my Pappy in the evenings. Fun fun!!

The truck started out a major PITA from the day I bought the effen thing 10 years ago, full of Gremlins and rust, but for $400 I couldn't pass up the ideas I had for it (after the dealership I WORK for wanted to charge me $4K for this POS!!..a funny story for another time perhaps bs1) And it has been on of the greatest learning experiences, one of the biggest pain in the ass vehicles I have ever owned ,and one of the funnest trucks I've ever had the privilege of driving.

Well it took some time and much appreciated help from a great friend by the name of Jon Wishman, but finally got most all the bugs worked out a few years back and running really good for a little 5.0 in a 6000lbs 4x4...So, I changed the trucks name Psycho Bitch and the Ex's back to just "Bitch", cause she hasn't done anything toooo crazy yet. And it helps me differentiate between the two when we talk  ;D ;D

First refinish job-  I used Inferno Red off the early 2000's Dodge Intrepid/Chrysler Concorde, and added in some highlights with Plymouth Prowler Orange. Pretty cool effect in the sunshine! I did a hurry up patch repair on the fenders knowing that I would hopefully have replacements in the future (Got a pair of new OEM in the boxes! Woot!) But something I was NOT expecting to redo was the Cab corners.. I did them at a time when panel bonding adhesives where just coming into the market for panel replacement. They got their shit together now, but back then it was known for letting go in areas that didn't properly mix.. Then what happens is road salt and that lovely new GARBAGE they now spray on the roads before a storm git up in there an eats away at it till total de-lamination! Oh Fun! Seriously though, that crap they are spraying is bringing our shop 2 year old vehicles with rust claims.. A friendly reminder to wash the crap out of your ride if you ever drive on streets with that shit on it.. Or any salt for that matter.

Stock truck block, Stock crank, ARP head and main studs, Ross Pistons @ 8.5.1, custom grind solid roller from Cam Motion, 1.76 roller rockers,  Trickflow TW heads, Truck lower intake with a Kenne Bell screw@10 psi on top, 55lbs Siemens injectors, Aeroquip rails and fuel system, and an AEM EMS keeping it all from blowing up again. Jasper Racing E4OD controlled by a Baumann Electronics TC, 3500 stall with lockup, 4.10 gears on a factory 8.8 LS rear.

The garage has now been converted to Body-Shop mode and been hammering away on it all winter, just about ready to run it down to install the new paint job! Doing a subtle color change and other little fixes and modifications. I post more later!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Giving the Psycho Bitch a makeover
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
Sure is purty!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »
It's got a blower...   :u

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
Boost is yer buddy!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »
fantastic work as usual enemy and I have a blue one over hear you can start on next  ;) ;D    lol
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »
fantastic work as usual enemy and I have a blue one over hear you can start on next  ;) ;D    lol
Thanks guys
Hell I have to get started on the diesel next! Those cab corners are showing cancer nicely. thumb down
I think the next owner of your blue rig can have all the fun with that one.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 05:07:14 PM »
Boost is yer buddy!
Don't WE know it!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 11:08:36 AM »
Don't WE know it!!!!!

I hope to sooner or later  ;D
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 11:09:22 AM »
Thanks guys
Hell I have to get started on the diesel next! Those cab corners are showing cancer nicely. thumb down
I think the next owner of your blue rig can have all the fun with that one.

lol no he asked santa if jon could do it for the best all around finish  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
Finally getting some pics organized, needed to update! I have been hammering away off and on finishing up some loose ends on this thing finally. This week has been plumbing the water injection and building a meth tank. Fast is cutting me a couple smaller pulleys for the screw, hoping to gain another 2psi  ;D ;D
Everything went really good on the bodywork, I caught the cab corners before the inards were totally destroyed lol. Just had to rebuild some of the lock pillar and rocker area. Been becoming very fond of POR15!! I rigged up a siphon feed to spray the thick shit and douched every nook and cranny the cab has. Hopefully keep her alive a couple more decades! Havent got any pics of it all together out in the sun just yet, having too much fun just driving it again! It very much like the nice thick cold air this time of year.

Cab corners  ready for paint prep

Smoothed all the stake holes

Cab gettin ready

POR'n the underside

Cleaned up the firewall and rad support

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 07:04:42 PM »
Progress!!!!!!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »
he's driven to my house a few times and i think fast is making a pully to improve the supercharger! and i think a pulley for the sc on his weedwacker too  rofl

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 04:38:59 PM »
Weedwacker getting too tired to to hop it up anymore! rofl

That would be kinda cool though..

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:28 PM »
Just for grins and giggles,point your air hose nozzle into the carb of a running weed whacker .Instant spool up! . You'll LOVE the sound! F1 anyone?? LOL!!! Take the line drum off first though. .............Don't ask.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
 LMAO
 That was a "I know from experience" description if I have ever heard one!!

Does it make a rats nest at the end of the wacker??

rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal