Author Topic: A build for a friend.  (Read 14288 times)

Offline Punkur67

Re: A build for a friend.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 10:13:45 PM »
First off I want to thank all that have helped with the car so far. I cant tell you all how much it means!
So here is the progress as of tonight. Front end is almost done just need to get the spindles done and finish the tie rods.

Here is an updated list of parts we still need.
-2 3/4" spline by weld steering u-joints
-3/4" splined steering shaft
-Steering wheel disconnect
-2 side mirrors
-7/8" link pins and bushings
-pair of poly bumpstops with 3/8 stud for mounting
-toggle switches
-dust light
-brake light switch
-091 starter
-residual pressure valve
-2.5" coil springs (for 2.0 coilover) 250lb and 175lb by 10" long
-Also looking to trade a full set of red padded 5 point harness for a full set of black
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 10:23:19 PM »
here are some more pics

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 10:55:37 PM »
Punkur - KB never got back to me on lights - screw em - looks like you have some???  What is needed that i can order up from elsewhere? 

Got the fuel pump issue resolved?   Maybe a starter?  Sned me a link and i will get to shopping if lights are off the list?
I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »
Punkur - KB never got back to me on lights - screw em - looks like you have some???  What is needed that i can order up from elsewhere? 

Got the fuel pump issue resolved?   Maybe a starter?  Sned me a link and i will get to shopping if lights are off the list?

pm sent

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »
HOLY CRAP! MAJOR PROBLEM TONIGHT! We started looking at the rear suspension tonight and found out the arms are stock by stock. The coilover mounts that were on the car only gave the car about 5" of travel and half of it is regressive. There is nowhere at all to mount the shocks but the outside of the frame. The tire is only 1-1/2" away from the outside frame with a minimum offset wheel. Thanks to the POS fab shop whose name I will not speak for doing such a wonderful job on the fab work for the previous owner.
So heres what we need to fix it. Does anybody have any 3x3, 3x5, or 5x5 arms laying around they are willing to donate or sell cheap or have a jig I can borrow to make some. This just made our work load huge and we cant send it to powder till I can do new rear shock mounts.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 09:47:14 PM »
Well the trailing arm problem has been solved. I used the new microstub 5x6 arms that were for my car, and will be modifing them for stub axles. I really want them for my car but I can always buy more later, I just want to get this thing done to surprise Travis.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 06:51:57 AM »
Punkur

Where are you at on the list.  I have a brand new bus starter and a set of mirrors.  The left mirror has two small scratches in it but other then that they are nice billet mirrors. I would be glad to send them your way for the project.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 07:05:13 AM by fastcorvairs »

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »

May not help much but I'll send a DTS flag. I think I have an extra whip also.I'll look tonite.

Master, Forgot to thank you for the flag I revieved the other day. Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:40:34 AM by Punkur67 »

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »
It was all I had laying around extra.  Sorry I didn't have the whip i thought I had. You are very welcome tho!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2009, 06:12:13 AM »
Times are tough for me too...
But I'll send some pickles and jerky when he get's home...
If I send now...there won't be none left for Travis :P

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2009, 06:36:38 AM »
Punkur

Where are you at on the list.  I have a brand new bus starter and a set of mirrors.  The left mirror has two small scratches in it but other then that they are nice billet mirrors. I would be glad to send them your way for the project.
I could use the starter. I have 3 for a 002 but they dont work on the 091. After looking at the car, to mount the side mirrors they would need to hang WAY out to be useful. The back of the car is much wider than the front so you would only see the car in the mirrors. Than you very much.

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 07:36:20 AM »
I could use the starter. I have 3 for a 002 but they dont work on the 091. After looking at the car, to mount the side mirrors they would need to hang WAY out to be useful. The back of the car is much wider than the front so you would only see the car in the mirrors. Than you very much.

Let me check the numbers on this starter to be sure it in fact is a 091. To tell the truth I didn't know there was a difference.  I'll get back to you on it.  Sorry the mirrors wont work.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 10:59:50 PM »
Here are some updated photos. I had to chop up lots of the rear to make the suspension work properly. Also added a light rack and some more tabs for things like roof, lights and whips. Should go to my friends house this week for the bodt and off to powder by early next week.

Online fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 07:50:07 AM »
Your buddy's a lucky man to have you for a friend.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal