Author Topic: Wiring... Headaches on the horizon!  (Read 10847 times)

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
Re: Wiring... Headaches on the horizon!
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
Cool, thanks. Soccer games and birthday parties are just what I need right now. I'll get a fresh set of eyes on it next week.
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

http://sandjunky710.blogspot.com/

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
What are the odds of having a bad ECM, ordering another ECM on eBay and it turning out bad and giving the same fault code? Pretty slim, right? 

I just checked every wire from my ECM and there is no open wire anywhere.The ECM isn't sending an ignition signal. It won't even fire if I pour gas in the carbs. Both ECMs are missing 12v on the lighting circuit too. Both ECMs have damage in the same general area. The original ECM has a cracked plug housing and the eBay ECM has a hole in the box next to that same plug.

The bad news is there are no 03-04 ECMs on eBay so I can't even check that theory. Anyone happen to have a 2003-2004 GSX-R1000 ECM floating around? Fook, this is frustrating!
If you remain calm while everything around you is complete chaos... then you probably haven't fully understood the situation!

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2013, 09:10:28 AM »
You're lucky!!!!  I didnt have a single problem when I did my wiring.  lol.    All I can say is make sure you're putting the right resistor on the theft deterant wires, and quadruple check every wire is going to the right spot.  I hashed over every inch of wiring and where I was running them many many times before I tried to start it.  When the time came, wiring was perfect.   GOOD LUCK!!

PS- my first engine I had in my buggy it wasnt wanting to fire at first.. I found a bad ground to the coil packs, a wire was slightly loose in the connector.. crimped it tight and fired right up.
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2013, 03:41:50 PM »
Got it!!!! Running like a champ!

Turns out, Suzuki's diagram is misleading to hide a security feature. The O/Y that appears to power lights is actually hooked to 12v with a 100 ohm resistor. That is the ignition signal the ECM was missing.

Now, why isn't my fan coming on. It wouldn't be the same if I didn't have something to troubleshoot.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:15:43 PM by komelika »

Offline komelika

• Never stop learning!
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
Temp switch ordered. The fan works properly when I jump the leads at the switch. Have to find another IAP sensor as well. The tube is broken on the original one. I think it was bad anyway, the engine stalls and won't start when the tube is plugged into the sensor. I had ordered one on eBay for $18 and didn't notice they sent the wrong part (not the one pictured) until it was too late to do anything about it. Hoping they exchange it. We'll see. Need to get my mufflers finished before my neighbors toss me out of the neighborhood.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal