Author Topic: Spring group run 2023.  (Read 8709 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Spring group run 2023.
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »
I should be there Sunday, I want to test out the new shock tune.
That reminds me I want to put a couple turns here and there on the bypasses.  We should be there Sunday around 4 .
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2023, 10:06:01 AM »
I should be there Sunday, I want to test out the new shock tune.

Shock tuning is fun. Not bad to change valving either. Hope you get there or atleast a lot closer.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2023, 10:07:52 AM »
The forecast isn't getting a bit better. It was supposed to be a week of low/mid 70's but......................oh,hell no, not now. A week of low 50's and wet.  They better be wrong. Of course I have heat and heated seats........It still would have been nice if we still was forecast for 5 days of low/mid 70's.

Wet and highs in the 50's sucks! Been through 2 trips like that. I was going to shoot down tues evening but might leave wens morning early as it appears its going to rail all day.  I'm hoping thursday/Friday are rideable.

We dropped to 32* last night and stating 25* for a low tonight.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 10:17:44 AM by dsrace »
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2023, 10:39:41 AM »
Obviously the forecasts are constantly changing but as of right now, wens looks to be a miserable day for during. Light rain almost all of the morning waking up to 40* and a light rain......not great. Cloudy with periods of rain for the afternoon and high of 55*. I can work with that but if the forecast holds, thurs and Friday will be nice days for dunning. Well, compared to up here anyway  ;) 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2023, 04:00:55 PM »
Your forecast reads differently than what I see.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2023, 06:55:19 PM »
3 weather site 3 forecast. In wrong business. Wed looks drizzle w storm eve night. Thur Fri are ok. We watching weather and will try to plan arrival when not raining lol. Tue or we’d just after lunch
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2023, 05:17:12 AM »
weather.com forecast has changed slightly from yesterday at noon  ;D

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2023, 06:59:14 AM »
Just need a quick wipe down of the trailer, load the rail and winter clothes  ;D and ready for the trip. Cut 4 trees up yesterday that I dropped last year. Got a feeling we will need a fire or 2 to keep warm.   Didnt he room for any more after I loaded the smoker and 2 paddle tires plus a bucket of pellets.  I put my weigh safe hitch in last night. I wanted to see mostly empty tongue weight and want to how the rail effects it loaded. That last trip with the rail pulled in was bad!

Dune sport said 7200 empty and 1200 lbs tw. I have prob 200 lbs of totes under the bed and dishes still loaded. No clothes , food, liquids in the holding tanks or the rail.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 07:44:43 AM by dsrace »

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2023, 10:51:31 PM »
Dune sport said 7200 empty and 1200 lbs tw. I have prob 200 lbs of totes under the bed and dishes still loaded. No clothes , food, liquids in the holding tanks or the rail.

So looking like bout 1250 on the pin? Interested to see how that will balance with the tail heavy rail in the back..

I be headed in a southerly direction tomorrow, making a stop in BFE Kansas to work on a tractor, then if all works out at the dunes Tuesday eve or Wed late morn.
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2023, 06:55:48 AM »
that pic is of the toyhauler empty!

spend some time last night trying a couple of different positions loading the rail to see what it does to the tongue weight. pulled in with engine to the rear is 700 lbs tw.......waaaaaay to light. backed in with front tires touching ramp gate is 1200 lbs tw and backed all the way in is 1400 lbs tw. thats only 1 foot farther back too and scotts rail is heavy so i am guessing 2000 lbs like mine. his is rear engine vs mine being mid engine. dune sport said  7200 lbs empty and 1200 lbs tw. they were right about tw but have not weighed the toyahuler itself. the first trip down was horrible as anyting over 60 with a side wind and it got to swaying really bad. this is why i bought the weigh safe hitch so i could get it correct. guessing 10k lbs loaded so min 1000 lbs tw and  was shooting for 1200 lbs tw. seem to have hit my mark! i will be heading down at 6am.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2023, 04:24:38 AM »
getting ready to head out. see everyone there and i hope the rain has stopped for the duration of the trip!

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2023, 09:23:41 AM »
Should be great Thurs and MAYBE Friday.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2023, 09:12:55 PM »
Well,another group gathering is in the bag. Even though there was WAY too much rain, the runs we did get in were really good. We just get faster and better each time. All in all,I had a great time........................between the damn rains. I do love the wet sand.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2023, 05:32:20 AM »
always a good trip with our group for sure. even with ruptured fuel tanks  :m even though we only got two runs out of the rail before we lost 20 gals of fuel....... we def got some good info for which way to go. re valve the rear shocks, eps and good 5 point harness's.

fabr, you might just win that bet after all ! i was going to stick out the cold rain until the roof starting leaking in two places. it started dripping out of the fresh air return directly in to the middle of our bed! that was the last straw, loaded up in the rain and headed home. fought wind all the way to york neb.

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2023, 02:00:33 PM »
Rain rain rain, but some excellent rides in between.
Then last day the Jeffco go boom.
But who cares right now...

PROJECT BINKY!!!
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal