Author Topic: Dave Bray's Barracuda build so far  (Read 41249 times)

Online fabr

• Administrator
Re: Dave Bray's Barracuda build so far
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2010, 07:57:33 AM »
Cool!
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

dave b

« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2010, 02:46:59 AM »
Thanks guys now if only I could get the sound right  ??? the GoPro shields the sound too much, maybe the slotted door? Any suggestions ?

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2010, 06:48:08 AM »
Thanks guys now if only I could get the sound right  ??? the GoPro shields the sound too much, maybe the slotted door? Any suggestions ?

Dave

I drilled a small #30 hole in mine and glued a piece of foam inside it did not make much difference.  I don't think your going to get much better with out stepping up the the new HD. I seen one on there site the other day for $189.00 that's the best price I've seen on the HD yet.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

dave b

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2010, 01:01:49 AM »
I've got the HD one  :( it seems to transfer the sound through the roll cage, I put two pieces of rubber between the
pieces and that helped a bit, maybe a exhaust type rubber isolator ? its a pity GoPro don't have an external mic

I will try the slotted door

chrishallett83

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
You're a talented guy Dave, I'm sure if you weren't too concerned about the warranty, you could crack that baby open and replace the internal microphone with a mic input jack, and then fit a shielded vibe isolated mic anywhere you want on the car...

Soldering iron and a drill bit is all you need...

dave b

« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2010, 03:52:49 AM »
Not a bad idea  ;)

dave b

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Hi Guys been a while ....... Just a short note to let you know all is well and been riding a lot, just come from some forest riding where I managed to bend the lower front a-arm after hitting a hidden tree stump. stripped the buggy and repairs are nearly done. the F-N-R box is holding up well and has been stripped 4 times to check, so far so good. 

Dramatica

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2012, 02:37:25 AM »
Awesome mate. I am impressed, particularly with that FNR! Wow. Nice!
Have you considered making some more to sell? I would be very interested in one (or two)!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal