Author Topic: Subaru clutch upgrade  (Read 1751 times)

Offline BrianN

Subaru clutch upgrade
« on: May 20, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »
I am planning on upgrading my clutch this year for some added torque. I am guessing 350 ft/lbs when I finally get it dialed in. I have a lightened flywheel and I think just a stage 1 clutch now. I would prefer to keep the flywheel since it is newer. I have been researching holding ability for different stages, but getting extremely different answers. And of course none of the charts consider sand. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to determine what I need? Stock 2.5 sohc Subaru w/ small turbo. 30" tall paddle tires.  And I  am definitely not a "stop at the bottom of a hill and dump the clutch" guy.

Offline DeepBusch69

Re: Subaru clutch upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »
I am running a 228mm stage II pressure plate.  No issues with any slippage so far.  KEP (Kennedy Engineered Products) are usually very helpful in getting you the correct clutch.  In fact their web site says you will need to know HP, TQ and driving style when contacting them. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 12:17:59 PM »
i would call kep for sure but to be honest...... if budlight is stage 2 on a 228mm flywheel then i would say a stage 2 would be fine for you. that is of course if you have the same size flywheel or larger. i believe the 228mm is called the 9". since you running a stcok flywheel dia and stock trans you get to choose from stock sizes. i am not sure but i bet they are 10" or 11" stock.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline Punkur67

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 09:58:36 AM »
With my 2.0 subaru around 300hp I ran a Stage 3 and a 6 puck per the recommendation from the shop I got the engine from.

My current 2.5 subaru is just over 400hp and I run a dual disk with a stage 2
Its better to be a smartass than a dumbass!

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 08:11:45 AM »
With my 2.0 subaru around 300hp I ran a Stage 3 and a 6 puck per the recommendation from the shop I got the engine from.

My current 2.5 subaru is just over 400hp and I run a dual disk with a stage 2

i too run a dual disc stage II and it sure does have a nice easy pedal compared to the stage 4 single i ran on another engine.
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal