Author Topic: Gear-One Front Hubs  (Read 1514 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Gear-One Front Hubs
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »
OK ,I'm on a bash G1 roll so I might as well say something about G1 front hubs. Once again the parts LOOK fine. Looks are deceiving. The wheel bearing seal bores were so large I'll either need to remachine for a larger OD seal or "glue?' the seals in. I could press the seas in place with my fingers. IMO,Gear-One = bs1
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

trans man

Re: Gear-One Front Hubs
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:50:30 PM »
OK ,I'm on a bash G1 roll so I might as well say something about G1 front hubs. Once again the parts LOOK fine. Looks are deceiving. The wheel bearing seal bores were so large I'll either need to remachine for a larger OD seal or "glue?' the seals in. I could press the seas in place with my fingers. IMO,Gear-One = bs1
Did they have their own special sized seals for their hubs, or did they just fook up that bad? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:11:11 PM by trans man »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Gear-One Front Hubs
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »
they just fook up that bad. I did not measure the bore before inserting but if I were to give a guestimate they were approx .002 bigger than should be. I had to push hard but no driving was necessary.Pulled them out and used Loctite pipe thread compound on them. I have gooten away OK that way in the past on damaged bores. I think they will be fine but it's BS nonetheless.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal