Author Topic: simple fix  (Read 1314 times)

Stomper

simple fix
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »
This is about my sled but could be buggy related. Last year I blew up my sled engine, so I rebuilt it. I did a complete overhaul on the engine chaincase and suspenssion. Everything was new, bearings, seals, gaskets, fuel lines, oil lines and filters, plugs. Everything!!
It has had a bog issue at around 6500 rpm from the start since it was rebuilt. I cleaned the carbs 4 times all together, I cleaned the clutches, I changed the clutches, I changed the clip setting on the jet needle, I checked the timing, I tried eveything and nothing worked. After exhausting all of my options and after being extremly frustrated, I was sitting having a rum, that seems to fix everything, and thought, the only thing that I didn't do was change the plugs. But why should I they are brand new. I changed them any way. Guess what? It purrs like a kitten now. Must have been a dud from the factory

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: simple fix
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:38:35 AM »
Who overhauled the engine?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SPEC

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 06:44:42 AM »
That is extremely common in the 2 stroke community :P
2 strokes will foul a weak plug in just a few seconds ...Lots of times you can pull the bad plug, replace it with a good one, once the motor is warmed up put the bad plug back in...and it will be fine

Stomper

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 06:45:00 AM »
I did

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:59:51 AM »
SPecs got a point and I have had similar problems with my race engines.  IMO it happens due to many times having a bit of oil hiding above the top ring and below the piston top. You can wipe all you can get to before bolting the head/s on but you can't get it all. Soo as the engine fires the oil gets slung around and finds a plug gap. Pffftttt,out goes the spark. Then it's a hit(pun) or miss(another pu ;)) New plug cures all . I feel that is one of the main reasons a freshly rebuilt engine with no additional mods many times will destroy a  perfectly good engine. You know,the guys that think sitting in the drive and rapping the shit out of it will somehow miraculously make it run right. If it continues to occur I'd look into my ignition amplifiers and triggers.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal