Author Topic: Radiator  (Read 6695 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Radiator
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 10:40:34 AM »
I asked yoshi but all I got was ??? ??? for a reply
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 10:45:40 AM »
I asked yoshi but all I got was ??? ??? for a reply

hmmmmmmmmmmmm ok.  he must be on vacation!  ask enemy, his set up has worked great for him.
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »
and don't solid mount the radiator! I just learned why last night!
" the less talent they have, the more pride, vanity and arrogance they have. All these fools, however, find other fools who applauded them " .    ERASMUS 1509

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 10:48:41 AM »
No he just replied in pm with -eh? I'm sure it is a scirocco style .I was just wondering what others are using. I thought Enemies was also a scirocco style/size. That's what I'm going to go with unless someone straightens me out. Yeah rubber mount is best.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
No he just replied in pm with -eh? I'm sure it is a scirocco style .I was just wondering what others are using. I thought Enemies was also a scirocco style/size. That's what I'm going to go with unless someone straightens me out. Yeah rubber mount is best.

the company I bought my radiator from welded mounting plates on the sides of the tanks but didn't wrap the weld around the sides just stopped at the edge so now the mounting plate is cracking at the end of the weld. luckily I have some time to fix this but I just got my list of adjustments finished   :-\  oh well it's all in the name of fun!

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 12:14:46 PM »
My radiator is Scirocco size, with corrected inlet and outlets. I basically had the radiator built around this fan>
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-365&N=700+400226+4294838842+115&autoview=sku

There is a Dart of my friends running around on the street on very hot summer nights and its keeping his ride cool (9.90's car on the track) He is using a Scirocco radiator and these fans as well. More than up to the task ;)

I had my radiator built from these guys>
http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/157/

This is my 3rd radiator from these guys, exactly how I needed it everytime. Never picked up a phone to talk to them either! (Mine are all fairly simple designs although..) >
http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/Build_Your_PRC_Cross_Flow/Custom_Build_Step_1.php

Not tooo bad of a price for a custom built from shopping around..
That's whats working for me! Hope it helps out. :)
"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »
Thanks,I appreciate the info!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
My radiator is Scirocco size, with corrected inlet and outlets. I basically had the radiator built around this fan>
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-365&N=700+400226+4294838842+115&autoview=sku

There is a Dart of my friends running around on the street on very hot summer nights and its keeping his ride cool (9.90's car on the track) He is using a Scirocco radiator and these fans as well. More than up to the task ;)

I had my radiator built from these guys>
http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/157/

This is my 3rd radiator from these guys, exactly how I needed it everytime. Never picked up a phone to talk to them either! (Mine are all fairly simple designs although..) >
http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/Build_Your_PRC_Cross_Flow/Custom_Build_Step_1.php

Not tooo bad of a price for a custom built from shopping around..
That's whats working for me! Hope it helps out. :)

Good Grief.....  If we could get more people to post info like this, it would make building a buggy much easier. ;)   How do I bookmark this for when I am ready to get a radiator?  Thanks for the great post Enemy!  Clear, concise, and to the point with links!   mm: mm: mm:

I can't wait to hear if it holds up under stage II boost!  ;D ;D ;D

The fan says 14 amp draw, and your running two.....  Have you done any charging system upgrades or is it working fine stock?

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2009, 12:59:33 PM »
Looks like about 467 bux with shipping.Fully custom. I likey!
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »

The fan says 14 amp draw, and your running two.....  Have you done any charging system upgrades or is it working fine stock?
I *Think* 14 amps is for the pair since they are wired parallel?? I should get out the fluke and check that more closely... :-\
The system is holding up quite well actually, the only upgrade I did was a modified Rec/Reg from Ricks Electric. >
http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=10-213&pmc=MDBTdXpHU1hSMTMwMA==

According to Rick, its 10+ more amps from stock. He insisted I try just this FIRST, before thinking about a rewind of the stator..So far I am happy with the recommendation! I should also point out that I am using an adjustable fan controller as well.. It turns on the fans slowly to avoid voltage spikes and only runs the fans at speeds needed to maintain user defined "On" temp.>

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-31163&N=700+115&autoview=sku

This version has a sending unit included. You can get a probe style for about 60 buck less :)

"If the hate of men could be turned into electricity, it would light up the whole world."   ~Nikola Tesla

Offline Enemy

• F*CK NA i lOvE BooST
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »
Looks like about 467 bux with shipping.Fully custom. I likey!

SWEET!! ;D ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »
I did the same reg/rect upgrade and had no trouble keeping the voltage up  last car.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 01:27:46 PM »
Oh,and I did not have the stator rewound either.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 01:34:25 PM »
Question about building end tanks.  Do you have to start with a bare core, or can you take one with plastic tanks and lop them off, then weld on your own alumy ones?  I guess I am not familiar with how the tubes are attached and am concerned with overheating and loosening the bond.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 01:42:52 PM »
Depends on core construction.I have a buddy with a rad shop and he says  rad cores are just pressed imto the end tank bulkheads when used with plastic end tanks and epoxy sealed.Not good for welding on end tanks. Stronger cores will be either furnace brazed or welded into tank bulkheads and are the ones to use to fab your own rad from.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal