Author Topic: "Scientists" found the Missing Link  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
"Scientists" found the Missing Link
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Well, as announced on every news broadcast I heard yesterday, "Scientists" found the missing link.

In case you missed it here is the picture.

Here is a link to the article:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/090519-ida-primate-fossil-link.html

The headlines are missleading on so many levels that I don't even know where to start examining their lack of credibility.  The find has as much relevance to human evolution as looking at a Whale or a Cat and saying that they are our ancestor.

If you read the article you would find that it is actually just a Monkey, But they make it out to be an "early" monkey that may be a link between other primates and monkeys.  Surely no one believes that the only missing link is between monkeys and humans.  There are actually missing links between every individual "kind" of animal, and none of them have been found, but that doesn't stop the news media from generating stories that they have, just to keep the idea that evolution may be true propped up.

I just find this story to be typical of the lies that put this country on the path that it is on.  The lies are told for one purpose, to support an ideology.  And most of the people perpetuating the lie do not even know what they are supporting.

Same goes in politics.  Obama says one thing but does the opposite.  He wants to save the car companies, and yet his actions are quickening their demise.  He was going to cut taxes, and yet now he is taking actions to raise the cost of energy, fuel, and the cost of a car through unattainable emmisions standards.  He closes the car dealerships who take nothing from the companies, and expects their market share to go up with less representation and service?  He wants to spend more money while cutting the legs out from under the business that drives the economy?

Unbelievable, and even more unbelievable that people buy into it.  I hope you all like driving Yugo's cause that is all they will be making in a few years.

Rant over, Carry on. ::)

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
Re: "Scientists" found the Missing Link
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:38:58 PM »
Damm good rant to Engineer.

I can not believe how many people think that the new admiration is doing a bang up good job.  BS. 

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
My wife just told me that I need to find a constructive way to vent my frustration........  :P

Her suggestions were working in the garden that she wanted to plant, Building her a deck on the house, or doing some landscaping she has been wanting.

Maybe I will tell her I will build the deck if she will lay out on it nekkid.  That should nix that project.  ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
Well, as announced on every news broadcast I heard yesterday, "Scientists" found the missing link.

In case you missed it here is the picture.

Here is a link to the article:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/090519-ida-primate-fossil-link.html

The headlines are missleading on so many levels that I don't even know where to start examining their lack of credibility.  The find has as much relevance to human evolution as looking at a Whale or a Cat and saying that they are our ancestor.

If you read the article you would find that it is actually just a Monkey, But they make it out to be an "early" monkey that may be a link between other primates and monkeys.  Surely no one believes that the only missing link is between monkeys and humans.  There are actually missing links between every individual "kind" of animal, and none of them have been found, but that doesn't stop the news media from generating stories that they have, just to keep the idea that evolution may be true propped up.

I just find this story to be typical of the lies that put this country on the path that it is on.  The lies are told for one purpose, to support an ideology.  And most of the people perpetuating the lie do not even know what they are supporting.

Same goes in politics.  Obama says one thing but does the opposite.  He wants to save the car companies, and yet his actions are quickening their demise.  He was going to cut taxes, and yet now he is taking actions to raise the cost of energy, fuel, and the cost of a car through unattainable emmisions standards.  He closes the car dealerships who take nothing from the companies, and expects their market share to go up with less representation and service?  He wants to spend more money while cutting the legs out from under the business that drives the economy?

Unbelievable, and even more unbelievable that people buy into it.  I hope you all like driving Yugo's cause that is all they will be making in a few years.

Rant over, Carry on. ::)

So very true.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »
How about the gardening and landscaping, how are you gonna get out of that.  Who know, you may have to build a deck. :o

How's a vehicle thats gonna get 35mpg gonna pull a 12' enclosed trailer to the top of a muddy hill so I can work.  Or 7000lb trailer full of buggies to play with.  If Americans want a car that got 50mpg that could haul 1 1/2 people, thats what Ford, GM , and Dodge would build. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
But,but,but,barack wants us to save gas. And money. And pay more for the cars. With the money we save.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 02:49:18 PM »
But,but,but,barack wants us to save gas. And money. And pay more for the cars. With the money we save.

But just remember he cut you taxes.......  So I don't want to hear any complaints. ::)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
Oh,yeah! I forgot that part.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
How about the gardening and landscaping, how are you gonna get out of that.  Who know, you may have to build a deck. :o

Dunno.......  I got big problems!

How can I explain that the buggy I am trying to build is the proper way to stress-relieve?

How's a vehicle thats gonna get 35mpg gonna pull a 12' enclosed trailer to the top of a muddy hill so I can work.  Or 7000lb trailer full of buggies to play with.  If Americans want a car that got 50mpg that could haul 1 1/2 people, thats what Ford, GM , and Dodge would build. 

That is why they call him the messiah.......  The miracle of Barack Obama is that he makes the impossible possible.  (Or at least that is what you believe while listening to his BS.....  Then reality sets back in.)

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »
Check this out.......  Google anticipated what this thread is about, and put an add at the bottom to go to this website where you can get your fill of the "missing link" bull.

http://www.history.com/content/the-link?paidlink=1&vid=HIS_SEM_ContentNetwork&keywords=the%2Bmissing%2Blink&utm_source=tune_google_content_link&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=the%20link&utm_term=content_the%20missing%20link

I see it is a paid add, so support DTS by clicking on it.  Then they will also know that we like their bs and they will give us more!  ;D

artie on edge

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 03:18:31 PM »

Actually mate if you read the article right through it tells you a bit more.

The pic on the left is Spec after a night out on th ebooze... and the one on the right is Bug.. well, just Bug actually, no booze involved. Which means thats as good as he's ever gonna look. Isnt that sad.......

Offline T8erhead

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »
Engineer, you said "I just find this story to be typical of the lies that put this country on the path that it is on.  The lies are told for one purpose, to support an ideology.  And most of the people perpetuating the lie do not even know what they are supporting." 

If I heard this statement without the context of your rant, I would immediately assume you were referring to religion.

This statement may be true of science, and it is worth debating, but it is undoubtedly and absolutely true of every religion in the history (long or short) of our existence here.  The biggest lies in the history of humankind have been to support an ideology.  Doesn't matter if it is about Ra the sun god, Zeus, Jupiter, God(from old testament or new), Climate change, Allah, Moses the "Slave", Jesus the zombie savior or the Flying Spaghetti Monster(my personal favorite).  No matter what you believe in you are Wrong.  Just ask some one who believes differently than yourself. ::) 

What is funny to me is that everyone thinks their Ideology is right.  Well of course it's right to you.  YOU believe it.  Maybe one day The G man himself will come down and show us ALL which one of us, if any, is right.  Some may argue he has, but if they have to argue, then he obviously hasn't shown us all.  Until then, it doesn't matter if you have been "saved" "born again" Or "touched by his noodly appendage" you will blindly believe the lies that are fed to you by someone with an agenda that you know nothing about.  We are all guilty of this one, so I am not pretending to be above it.  Rant over. ;)

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 04:29:47 PM »
Or "touched by his noodly appendage"

Wow, there is an obscure reference. 

While I was sitting in that crappy play house hoping to get lucky with one of the cast I figured it was just a wasted night - who would've guessed years later it comes into play? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage.jpg

http://www.venganza.org/

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline Engineer

• Inquisitor
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »
Engineer, you said "I just find this story to be typical of the lies that put this country on the path that it is on.  The lies are told for one purpose, to support an ideology.  And most of the people perpetuating the lie do not even know what they are supporting." 

If I heard this statement without the context of your rant, I would immediately assume you were referring to religion.

This statement may be true of science, and it is worth debating, but it is undoubtedly and absolutely true of every religion in the history (long or short) of our existence here.  The biggest lies in the history of humankind have been to support an ideology.  Doesn't matter if it is about Ra the sun god, Zeus, Jupiter, God(from old testament or new), Climate change, Allah, Moses the "Slave", Jesus the zombie savior or the Flying Spaghetti Monster(my personal favorite).  No matter what you believe in you are Wrong.  Just ask some one who believes differently than yourself. ::) 

Good observation.  So why do people chose to believe what they believe?  If eveyones belief is based on faith alone then what makes people choose what they choose?

Secondly, you assumed right because evolution is a religion. IMO  ;D

What is funny to me is that everyone thinks their Ideology is right.  Well of course it's right to you.  YOU believe it.  Maybe one day The G man himself will come down and show us ALL which one of us, if any, is right.  Some may argue he has, but if they have to argue, then he obviously hasn't shown us all.  Until then, it doesn't matter if you have been "saved" "born again" Or "touched by his noodly appendage" you will blindly believe the lies that are fed to you by someone with an agenda that you know nothing about.  We are all guilty of this one, so I am not pretending to be above it.  Rant over. ;)

I think that everyone's belief's and opinions come from their experiences.  No two people have  lived the same life so the circumstances that make up my beliefs are going to be different than yours.  So does that make whats right different for everyone?  I dunno, that seems like a slippery slope.

Have you studied psychology?  Very insightful.

Of course I disagree with your conclusion that everyone will "blindly believe the lies fed to them".  People change, start, quit, leave and return to religion all the time.  That alone says something about religion.........

Carry on!

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:45:09 PM »
That alone says something about religion.........

Yup, some people are always blind, some become blind, and some can't seem to decide if they are blind or not....

And some are just partially blind....
This post has been edited due to content.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal