Author Topic: Cush drive unit  (Read 17002 times)

Rick S.

Re: Cush drive unit
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2009, 09:09:18 PM »
Smaller sprocket = more ground clearance, but the real reason.....Because I can.

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
www.use-enco.com sells what you are talking about doug its around 25 thousand for a new one i want to see if i can get it financed

Im waiting for my work to sell the next couple of machines when we replace them with new ones. One is a 3 axis knee mill but not like a traditional one. Much bigger and more stout. The Hyundi Lathe is the next to go as well. It is the same base machine as the Mazak Supper quick turn. Hell I get those 2 and anyone making parts to compete in pricing is in big big trouble! It will be great for all of us as my prices will come way down! Buggy or industry alike! Ill get those with tooling for way less than the Enco one you speak of.

magnum4598

« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2009, 09:21:59 PM »
wow thats awsome how soon will that happen say you get them how long willit take you to move them and have them up and runing

Offline Doug Heim

• Bad @$$ Buggy Builder & Parts Supplier
  • Forum Sponsor
    • Doug Heim's Photo Bucket
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »
may be about 2 years. Depends allot on Eco.

Ill have them set up the same weekend I move them.

Ill need a bigger rotary for the lathe though.

Back to Rick's Cush drive. I try not to hijack!
Rick knows whats goin on. And yeah... because he can  ;)

artie on edge

« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:39 PM »
Smaller sprocket = more ground clearance, but the real reason.....Because I can.

Add to that you can lower the sprocket/cvs in the chassis and get a better angle on the cvs (actually reduce the angle at static ride height) and there fore get more useable droop which is just as important as bump.

Again totally agree "cause you can". Large part of my reasoning for my final drive design as well.

Eg

First pic is the standard system from my chassis second is the new system, both are about where they would be at static height, see the axle angle difference. (this a rough approximation but it gives you an idea of what im talking about)

tone

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »
hi

how is this final drive going

cheers

Rick S.

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Haven't done any more. Busy with other projects.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal