Author Topic: my bad day  (Read 1665 times)

Offline sandracer1

my bad day
« on: August 22, 2010, 06:36:07 PM »
@^$#!^%, %*#(@! #*^#@!%, b@!! licking 2 bit wh@%#. Man was I pissed this morning.  kick Thought I was on the right track with the clutching. Put the paddles on and thought it would bring me down on rpms with the extra load. Still on the chip top end. They did drag me down a little on the wholeshot. I had this (@(& sucker so close until I found that extra 3-5lbs of boost. kick I had my 11 year old daughter with me this morning so I could not show my "frustration". I was going to put the quad in for back-up and said "no it should be good today" I ran about 30-45 mins this morning and shredded the belt. I ran it numerious times here on the street and always inspected the belt after every run. rpms were about the same with the paddles. I am guessing it is the load on the belt from the paddles digging. Time to throw a bunch of weight on and work from heavy to light not light to heavy. Should be interesting in L/S. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: my bad day
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »
Might want a couple spares huh?
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline sandracer1

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
At least 2. This one had about 15 maybe 20 hours. They call what I ride in sand but it is actually mine tailings from the old lead mine. Heavy, heavy stuff. Ity was wet today. Tuning to the edge is condition based. Reminds me of tuning a built Banshee daily. The motor is suppose to make peak power at 7800 so I will slow it down with weight and spring. And no, what I want is to get it right fabr. I don't care how, one of these times I have to get lucky and go in the right direction, and not too far. All I did was drag race this morning. I think the set up that is in it is good for runing around but not even close for drag racing. On the line I am revd to 3500 and engagement is 4200, it jumps to 7800 and pulls great through mid at about 60-65 mph it hits the chip at 8400. GPS said 73.4 mph top speed for the day. That is in 500feet. So o-73.4 in 500feet. Lesson learnd-- hard as hell on belts. The tough part is figuring out which one of the variables is the true problem.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
how old were the belts? rubber ages ya know
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal