Author Topic: Coolant tube  (Read 5144 times)

Offline fabr

• Administrator
Re: Coolant tube
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 09:06:01 AM »
That will occur if the coolant is not up to the task of protecting components and is why fresh coolant is recommended at regular intervals. It does work though. I used a lot of copper components on my aluminum race engines for years with no harm. Also a person needs to minimize any voltage present in the coolant as ,the more there is, the greater any danger of electrolysis occurring.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

chrishallett83

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 10:23:50 AM »
Also a person needs to minimize any voltage present in the coolant as ,the more there is, the greater any danger of electrolysis occurring.

Sacrificial anode/cathode?

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
Sacrificial anode/cathode?

Or.....just get the damn stainless or aluminum and be done with it.
This post has been edited due to content.

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »
or...just tired of buying the damn stuff when i got perfectly good stuff that will work...  thats why i asked if these components will work, and they will.

when ya gonna build a buggy boost?
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
when ya gonna build a buggy boost?

When I can afford to do it right.  Something you prolly should have thought about. kick

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2010, 05:15:29 PM »
There's nothing wrong with using any of the tubing that's been discussed. Just varying degrees of "right" .
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2010, 07:24:00 PM »
becaused i asked if these types of tube are ok to use? get fxxking real boost.  doing it "right" like theres a fxxking law to follow when building a buggy.. right in one persons prespective is not the same right as anothers!!!!  I CAN afford to buy the "RIGHT" shit that you speak of constantly, but i prefer to not spend money on things that are not absolutely needed to preform...  jerk

boost: you should probably tear your whole house down and build it from scratch so its done right!!  can't afford it? well you should have thought about that before you started..   kick
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 07:38:18 PM by Voodoochikin04 »

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »
boost: you should probably tear your whole house down and build it from scratch so its done right!! 
LMAO

You have no idea how close you are.  I am just building a new house, one wall at a time. All the work I'm doing now wouldn't have to be done if the previous owner hadn't half assed everything.rofl
The house is the only thing right now where money really isn't an issue.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »
 ff:
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Voodoochikin04

• VIP
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »
why would you buy a peice of shit project? thats wasting time and money redoing it all boost.  Go build a new house! do it right! dont start with someone elses shit and polish it.. you will wear yourself out, and waste your money!  OR IS IT YOU LIKE THE fxxkING EPERIENCE!!!

for some reason it seems that "doing it right" means you have to have fox shocks, fnr box, busa engine, built from plans frame, douglas rims, doug heim parts (no offense doug), Hid lights, and so on...       top dollar parts and "what everyone uses"  is not the only "right" way to build a damn buggy. eyes
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 12:03:21 AM by Voodoochikin04 »

Offline Boostinjdm

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 01:32:06 AM »
I didn't buy a project.  It became a project once I figured out how much of this place was half assed.  Now since I started it I have to finish it to recoup my money invested. 

Back to what this thread is about....
Why waste time and money trying to piece a tube together with shit laying around and have to deal with frequent coolant changes, electrolysis, and so on.  When the proper shit, aluminum or stainless, can be had for less than a bill.  Hell, just the time you've spent bitching at me the last few days could have been better spent doing some type of odd job to pay for the tube.  Or sitting in front of the boob tube waiting for your order to arrive.

Other materials can work, but they all have down sides and will still cost money.  Maybe a little now and a little later, but if you get the right stuff now you can be playin later rather than redoing.

SPEC

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 05:11:46 AM »
This is off topic but is on topic at the same time...
I had some problems with my heat exchangers last winter...They are steel and copper, with coolant all around... The electrical charge caused the heat exchangers to get ate away...Rusted to shit in only 6 years...I have annodes in the boiler now and my voltage is 0...
I ran copper on barb's buggy with the sled engine...Piss pounded that , when I pulled the motor it looked fine...
Like simon said, I think if you leave the coolant in too long it will leach and mess up the mtor

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 06:02:01 AM »
Many OEM's have used steel coolant tubes and they last for many years. There is NO REASON not to in the real world.  Frequent coolant changes? LOL!!!!! Once every 5 years should be ample.  Use what you have and don't worry about it.  Would I do so? In your shoes,yes.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

chrishallett83

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 06:34:46 PM »
Frequent coolant changes? You mean more frequent than every two years like you're supposed to anyway? Just like every one flushes their brake fluid every year...

SPEC

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »
 ;D
Flushed my brake system yesterday rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal