Author Topic: new turbo rzr  (Read 3128 times)

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
new turbo rzr
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
so i saw this video posted on FB. watched it and they did a very nice job with the pics and video to make it look very fast and aggressive.  the key points i was listening for were track width, wheel travel, curb weight, wheel base and tq/hp. i know they won't advertise tq as it's embarrassing and the majority of the public doesn't know what that term is.  so i hear 16" gc....72" stance but then refers to it as 72" wheel base by comparing to a baja truck?? so not sure there.....168 hp i think but the most impressive part is 25" usable wheel travel. i assume rear 25" travel. i asked the question below the video on FB....of how can they claim 25" wheel travel with only 16" gc??   no actual answers yet lol carefully worded that too in the video. looks like a fun utility vehichle and i bet 1700 lbs plus on curb weight but never says.

Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: new turbo rzr
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 02:22:12 PM »
and of course this video says something diff yet for specs. lol lol  i will say the axtive x suspension i do like!!  this video says 64" trackwidth 80" wb and 119" overall with only 13" gc.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »
was just informed as shown in the 1st video , that unit weighed 1718 lbs. so 168 hp to 1718 lbs but no tq rating.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »
Torque doesn't really matter as long as you are at peak HP rpm. Peak HP is where the most power is made.With a CVT ,you are almost always at peak HP.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline DeepBusch69

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 06:32:48 AM »
was just informed as shown in the 1st video , that unit weighed 1718 lbs. so 168 hp to 1718 lbs but no tq rating.
It looks pretty agressive, but that is a lot of weight for that HP.  I rode in a Can Am Maverick ay Yuma.  Very bad visibility with the dash and hood, and you sit way back and low.  We couldn’t see which way the trail went when coming over a hill.  And then gas fumes, whew. 

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 06:59:36 AM »
i'm curious about tq because there 1000 cc 3 cyl's........wanting a comparison to a 4 cyl 1000 cc as the 3 cyl will be a larger bore. i know the cvt is a huge saving grace for those heavy mid hp units as it allow all gears between low to high and your right normally pinned to keep them going. they are hitting some pretty fast top speeds now as well. the body roll is just something i cannot get past! that just shouldn't be that extreme but may with this new active x electronic suspension they can finally get that part right!  ;D it does look like fun but i'll keep my rail  ;D :D ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:03:54 AM by dsrace »

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:11:24 AM »
my mistake....dynamix active suspension lol

Offline Yummi

• Grumpy, Sneezey and Dopey all rolled into one.
  • Administration
    • Jeeping With Dogs
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 07:56:15 AM »
These pop up in my news feed. 

This one is interesting.  The suspension with no change in track width.  http://www.utvguide.net/textron-wildcat-xx-review/

The Wildcat XX’s Y-link rear trailing arms do not use radius rods, and the track width is fixed throughout the travel. By using a dual spherical joint mount at the front of the trailing arm and a plunging axle, Textron has succeeded in eliminating the busy, wandering feeling as the rear suspension cycles through its travel.

Then this.  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-06/polaris-thinks-the-people-want-a-28-000-dune-buggy

Look at the money Polaris is making. 

I like things that move.   Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers

Did you know I have a blog?  Come on now, it is 2016, everybody does.  http://www.jeepingwithdogs.com

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 09:27:50 AM »
personally i think they are over priced but with that being said they are going to charge whatever the market will support and i doubt sales dropped to much at $28k with the word turbo added to the sign  rofl rofl

interesting article yummi.....still reading it and very intrigued! not enough to trade in my rail for a utility vehicle but very impressed so far. with all the race experts involved why the hell does it weigh 1800 lbs??????? .........The Wildcat XX is heavy- 1,800+ lbs full of liquids and ready to ride. However, it doesn’t feel heavy. The engine is peppy, there is minimal body roll, and the car is incredibly agile. The 95-inch wheelbase is long enough to soak up big hits without causing the car to buck, but still short enough to make the car maneuverable on tight trails............ and ...........Wildcat’s power output to 125 horsepower in naturally aspirated trim. Later on, Textron will offer a factory turbocharged version of this same engine, rumored to produce well over 200 horsepower.............i can't believe they have never taken that into consideration. elbow room is important so i hope there's more than the rzr too! not positive but says overall width 64", does that mean track width? idk but i would pre fer 80" track width for stability.

95" wheel base is def a big plus but wonder what track width is? its a trailing arm more similar to a dual pivot style 3x3 or 5x5 which is def a plus compared to some of the others imo. still impressed so far!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:40:06 AM by dsrace »

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 10:38:26 AM »
big money =big tech=bigger $$ = BIGGER TECH=??????? the market will decide the limits.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 11:19:41 AM »
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal