Author Topic: new a-arms...again...  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Voodoochikin04

• Vip Eye candy Supplier!!
  • VIP
new a-arms...again...
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
so im sure most have read my story about buying the double quad arms, spindles, brakes, wheels.. and how im frustrated as hell and have not worked on it for a month due to that....  i wanna work on it again and i really dont wanna fxxk with those arms any more. how should i make some arms. what about spindles.. can i used the hubs and brakes from the quad..  cheaply as possible. no job anymore..  some cash to spend.  i started a new thread so ya dont have to go through pages of crap. if ya curious about the past issue, read "new doubles" or something liek that.,   thanks..  -matt
"it's only when you have lost everything, that your free to do anything"

Offline Carlriddle

• Another build? What are you thinking?
Re: new a-arms...again...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:50:28 AM »
I think I would use the hubs, since you have them complete with brakes and all.   I used auto ball joints to connect to the a-arms I made.  Was going to use heims but I dont like them laying flat and couldn't come up with a way to modify the atv spindle.  My frame mounts are vertical, so I layed the atv spindle lug bolts down measured the distance from table to lower mount, distance from table to upper mount and the differance was how much shorter I made the upper a-arm.  If you use heims for the a-arm to frame mount them you can do adj therre to get camber right.  Does that make sense?  I can take off wheel and post up some good pic to help clarify if you need.  I have 8" center frame, 10" steering rack, 22" a-arm inc ball joint.  Fronts about 6' wide overall.

Otherwise I would scrap the atv stuff completly, but for the size of buggy it could work. 
You can keep your CHANGE, I'd like to keep my DOLLAR.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal