Author Topic: two seater plans??  (Read 3043 times)

07zx6r

two seater plans??
« on: December 20, 2009, 06:30:49 PM »
I'm trying to find plans for a two seater buggy.  I live in SC and I'm going to use it for trail riding and dirt roads. Have a 600cc Kawasaki to cannibalize for the project. Does anyone have a suggestion for plans??

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
  • Wishin I was there. "Glamis"
Re: two seater plans??
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 09:37:28 PM »
Here is a link to a site with some plans you might look at. Some really like them.

http://www.rorty-design.com/content/rorty_design_home.htm
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

07zx6r

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 08:11:05 AM »
now that i know i have a few options for plans. Ive been checking on how to do reverse with the motorcycle engine.  Ive read on here about alot of people using a high torque starter and flex plate.  Can anyone post some pictures of this setup so i can get some ideas.  All the help is greatly appreciated. 

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 08:31:02 AM »
On a small buggy it works well enough.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

07zx6r

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:44:33 AM »
would a two seater buggy be to heavy?

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
I do not have pics of one mounted down low on the spool but those I have heard of talk about it there have mostly seemed to say they would prefer more geardown. With it right on the spool its a bit fast they felt.

Not to mention you need a STRONG battery due to the higher load demands. A motorcycle battery may have a tough time with it if its not a GOOD one.

That said I like this layout this guy did for electric reverse. By putting it higher like this you gain ground clearance and reduce the ratio so its easier on the starter and batteries.

I also see no reason the center part could not be enclosed and oil bathed if desired.

The last pic of the buggy you can see the starter atop the unit. In the first pics you can see the bolt mounting holes for it.
Your mission isn't to dive feet first into hell, but to make sure its crowded when you get there.

07zx6r

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 10:23:34 AM »
That looks like a nice setup.  Im glad i asked for pictures cause if i tried what i was thinking it might not have worked.

07zx6r

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 10:30:09 AM »
I like the look of this buggy. Has anyone used them or know anything about em or any opinions about using it for trail ridding??

http://www.badlandbuggy.com/plans_st3.html

Offline Nutz4sand

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 10:36:59 AM »
I have never seen badland plans but others have mentioned they suggest using pipe and others have mentioned small tube. so if you go that way you may have to adjsut the palns for a bit larger DOM tube if you really wanted to make it nice.

Others who have time with them will pipe in hopefulley.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:39:07 AM »
FWIW,the Rorty plans are the most dimensionally complete with dxf files for plate work there are. Very important.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal