Author Topic: Oct. 25-27 Little Sahara  (Read 2724 times)

Offline BrianN

Oct. 25-27 Little Sahara
« on: October 19, 2019, 11:36:42 AM »
If anyone on here is in the area, we are planning a group for some duning. I am sure there will be an assortment of vehicles! South campground.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
Re: Oct. 25-27 Little Sahara
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 12:18:42 PM »
if i lived closer i would be there. so what did you go with for a new throttle cable?
Don't never argue with an Idiot!
Because he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Offline BrianN

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »
Basically same as before. I actually just got a new cable last night, finally. Appletree screwed me around on the Silver jacket cable, so I bought a marine cable. Experimenting with the pivot that you suggested, and modifying my throttle pedal today. Is there a small sand dune area in NW Kansas? If so, is it good for shorter trips for you? We have another small area called Beaver dunes, west of LS. I have never been there, but hope to try it for a day, sometime.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 02:45:55 PM »
well i hope it works. syracuse dunes are in far west kansas. i have only been there once. should go back again but not big enough yet. dave  (big dave) lives over there. never been to beaver dunes.

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 06:22:56 PM »
I'm at LS now. Perfect weather.
"There can be no divided allegiance here.  Any man who says he is an American,
but something else also, isn't an American at all.  We have room for but one
flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is
the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a
loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

-----------------------------------------------------------
 " You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fastcorvairs

• Lifetime VIP
  • If it is worth doing!!!!!! Do it in the sand
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 07:04:53 PM »
Basically same as before. I actually just got a new cable last night, finally. Appletree screwed me around on the Silver jacket cable, so I bought a marine cable. Experimenting with the pivot that you suggested, and modifying my throttle pedal today. Is there a small sand dune area in NW Kansas? If so, is it good for shorter trips for you? We have another small area called Beaver dunes, west of LS. I have never been there, but hope to try it for a day, sometime.

I don't think you can run on the Beaver Dunes.  Brain I think you'll like the marine cable,  They are incredibly smooth.

If I believe I cannot do something it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe that I can, then I acquire the ability to do it , even if I didn't have it at the beginning.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 08:49:11 AM »
every now and then big dave sends me a video of syracuse dunes. it does look like it's opened up quite a bit since i was there years ago. it's only 30 min's closer than LS. until it is fully opened, other than a trip to ride with big dave, it's not worth the trip yet again. i personally think the place has potential but not until they take out all the vegetation.  doug and a couple others have said i should run up (  rofl ) to silver lake dunes. it would be fun to see it but.....half the size of LS, no camping on site, day pass's to get in, spark arresters, db checks and most of all, st a is only 15 hrs away  LMAO LMAO  i did see beaver dunes on the map but like fast said i am not sure rails/buggies can ride there.

Offline dsrace

• VIP
  • my one true weakness
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 08:49:33 AM »

must be rough  ;D ;D

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 04:36:26 PM »

must be rough  ;D ;D
Ya,buddy! Its a heavy burden I must say. Strong south wind and smooth as silk sand Friday. Saturday,there were ,as expected,too many moronic fleas. Wasn't too bad though.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

" You have all the right in the world to believe any damn thing you'd like, but you don't have the right to demand that I agree with your fantasy"

Offline fabr

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 04:41:43 PM »
every now and then big dave sends me a video of syracuse dunes. it does look like it's opened up quite a bit since i was there years ago. it's only 30 min's closer than LS. until it is fully opened, other than a trip to ride with big dave, it's not worth the trip yet again. i personally think the place has potential but not until they take out all the vegetation.  doug and a couple others have said i should run up (  rofl ) to silver lake dunes. it would be fun to see it but.....half the size of LS, no camping on site, day pass's to get in, spark arresters, db checks and most of all, st a is only 15 hrs away  LMAO LMAO  i did see beaver dunes on the map but like fast said i am not sure rails/buggies can ride there.
How much does it pay to go to either? I mean,there's no way I'm going to either without it being profitable.
  I guess I could just have said you can't pay me to go back to Syracuse. Now ,if I were Dave and it was only a skip away then wellllllll,maybe I'd do it for free since something is better than nothing. As for Silver Lake I agree completely.
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline big dave

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 06:37:13 AM »
Last time I was at Beaver a small buggy could get around and have a good time . The camping area is nice has a small stream that runs by it.. As for Syracuse dunes you guy do need to give it a 2nd try.  It still is no LS. it has a LOT more open sand then it did the first Year. lots of trails. the camp sights are still limited 10 state sight and 10 private  sights. the lake has had docks added and a make shift boat ramp  it is stocked with fish. man powered boats only I believe. you can play in the river or go tubing or fishing right by the dune. A new pay station has been built with shower house by the entry rood.  to be honest if I was driving past LS to get to Syracuse I would still stop a LS. but if your looking for something new it has came a long way from that first year. I thank this is the 10th year in operation.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:18:47 AM by big dave »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal